Last night Nadia slept from 9:15pm to 5:45am - that's 8 1/2 hours. WOOHOOO!!! I slept 7 of those as from 4:15 on I couldn't sleep as I was in too much pain. I kept thinking if I went to pump then she'd wake up. Hopefully my body will get the message that she's sleeping more at night and chill out some on the milk production during those hours. She also did such a nice job this morning playing in her gym and sleeping in her bouncer so that I could get a shower, do some packing etc. A friend from choir came this morning and we spent 2 1/2 hours packing up Paul's books. Then Paul's mom came about an hour later and brought Nadia several new long sleeve pant outfits (0-3 months) and a new dress also in that size. I plan to have her wear her new dress on Sunday to church. :-) Paul's mom watched Nadia while I had a dentist appt, and then when I got back Nadia was asleep in her arms so I also did some weeding of the flower beds. Then Paul came home so I did some mowing until Paul's mom left as then I needed to care for Nadia so Paul could take a nap as he had been up most of the night doing school work.
At first Paul didn't want me to continue teaching the 8 or 9am classes although I would be home in time for him to leave for his classes. Then this morning he agreed I could just keep teaching the 8am class in Oct/Nov. So I'll cut back to 50% instead of 25%. I'll be teaching Tuesday nights and MWF from 8:00-8:50. The only bad part of this is that I'll be driving about as long as I'll be there since we're moving farther from my school. In the spring I'll also be at 50%, but I'll be teaching two night classes that semester (Monday and Tuesday) so that will be less driving time. Of course I wouldn't have minded being able to get up whenever Nadia gets up, but financially it will be better for me to keep teaching 2 classes, and she'll be with Daddy which is a good place for her to be in my opinion! I'll get home about 9:30am those days. I am still teaching FT until Sept 30. The parental leave begins Oct 1 presuming it's approved. I asked for a 50% reduced time leave from Oct 1 to May 1 as the spring semester ends on May 1.
One funny thing about my dentist appt was that the receptionist asked me about my baby as she remembered I was pg at the last visit. She asked to see a picture of Nadia, and I didn't have one on me. She said she was surprised as new moms always carry around a picture. As I walked to the car it hit me, I am rarely separated from her so that's why I've never been asked for a picture before. Usually she's right there for them to see in person! I guess I should start carrying a picture of her also just for these times when she's not with me. :-)
Only 5 more nights sleeping in this house, and in 6 days Nadia will be 3 months old. WOW! I called the doctor today to check on the b/w results for Nadia, but they said the allergy test is still in progress. Hopefully we can get the results tomorrow. The poor little girl has now been congested for SIX weeks straight! One last bit of news would be that I weighed myself earlier this week and was happy to see I'd lost another pound. That's 22 lbs total of which 5 lbs were lost in the last 4 weeks. I still have a lot to lose, but I'm going in the right direction! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment