Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yahoo!!!

I just had to say that Nadia is sleeping right now in her crib, and she's now been asleep for a little more than one hour. YAHOOO! She has been MUCH better lately about taking naps in her crib. My goal is to put her down 3-4 times a day for naps. Usually she cries only about 5 minutes now and the longest is about 18 minutes. I pick her up and try to help her get to sleep if she cries 20 minutes, but thankfully that is very rare nowadays. However we have still been stuck at 45 minute naps most of the time. Her first nap this morning (I put her down a little after 8am since she got up at 6:30 this morning) was only 45 minutes. So I am really happy this nap is lasting longer! Really this is such BIG progress for her to be taking naps in the crib. I know some books advocate allowing the baby to cry for up to one hour, but I haven't tried that for a couple of months, and so I am happy that she has learned how to take naps w/o experiencing such long crying spells. Now we just need to get her first stretch at night back to 6-9 hours like it was for awhile there. Mommy misses those! Eventually of course it would be nice if she'd sleep through the night, but right now I'd be happy to get back to just ONE feeding a night as we've been back to two or more, and I'm pooped!

No comments: