I am so thankful that Nadia has only been going to the doctor for her well baby visits. What a blessing that she hasn't been sick at all the last few months. PTL! I was right in my estimation of Nadia's length - 26 inches (49th %ile) which means she's grown 2 inches in the last 2 months and 6 3/4 inches she was born. She weighed 15 1/2 lbs. (37th %ile) which means she's grown about 3 lbs. in the last 2 months and exactly 10 lbs. from her lowest weight at a doctor's office. Her head circumference was 17 inches (64th %ile). She had 4 shots and one oral suspension. The extra shot was a flu shot. Thankfully she didn't bleed this time! She goes back in one month just to see the nurse for the 2nd half of the flu shot, and she goes back in 3 months to see the doctor for her 9 month immunizations. The doctor said she looked very healthy and that she was right on target developmentally - she sat on her own briefly for the doctor, supported her weight while standing, etc. She gave her an Rx for flouride. Is this really necessary???
Paul's advisor wrote him back and said it was fine if he was on vacation May 9-16. So I booked a 2 bedroom suite (it also has a living room, kitchen, and two bathrooms) for the five of us in Antigua! It will be fun to plan the vacation the next few months! I have almost as much fun researching and planning the vacation as actually going on it, LOL.
A lactation nurse called me back, and she said I can get my milk back up to where it was. Her instructions were to take 3 fenugreek 3 times a day for 3 days (27 total capsules). I am also supposed to pump every 2 hours if possible the 3 days I'm on the fenugreek (I had been pumping every 3 hours the past 3 days) and also do what she called a "power pump" once or twice a day where I pump 10 minutes and then rest 10 minutes and then pump 10 minutes for a total of an hour. She thinks I should see a drastic increase in my milk supply about 5 days from now. Once that happens, I'm supposed to call back and get advice on how to get Nadia to be more accepting of nursing. I've had 9 capsules of fenugreek today and done one "power pump." Here's to hoping and praying all this works.
1 comment:
Why did she need floride? I would ask the lactation nurse if it is really neccessary. Sometimes Drs think medically breast milk does not have everything which is simply not true. I would not give it till I knew for sure she really needed it.
Post a Comment