Standing is by far her favorite activity these days! The downside to all of the standing and cruising is that she's fallen down more than before. It's very hard for Paul to see her fall. Of course I don't like seeing her fall either, but I know it's part of the learning process. Thankfully she hasn't bruised herself yet. She can stand for longer and longer periods of time without holding onto anything. The last photo was taken yesterday. She always seems so excited when she sees all her toys in her toybox!
Yesterday I asked if this time I could be on Menopur instead of Repronex. I had asked 2 years ago, and I can't recall why they gave me an Rx for Repronex, but after experiencing the burning sensation that is common with Repronex, I planned to ask again for Menopur, and she said now they recommend that even though it's a little more expensive due to not as many side effects (which is why I wanted it in 2007). I wish I had Menopur the first time, but I am glad I can have it the 2nd time. My copay is the same either way so
it doesn't cost me more.
I have always used hCG to trigger (I've had 9 trigger shots total), and that's still what they prefer to use. However it seems that some doctors are giving women a dose of hCG 6 times higher than what is used in fertility treatments as a weight loss treatment. So there has been a shortage of hCG which means sometimes they use Ovidrel instead. Ovidrel isn't new either, and a "perk" of that one is that it's a subq injection whereas hCG is an intramuscular injection. So that be another change in terms of meds this time around although if the pharmacy has hCG in stock I'll still be given a Rx for that. We didn't discuss dosages with the RE yet, but I am assuming they'll have me do the same as last time which was 150iu of Follistim and 75iu of Menopur each day during the stimming phase.
The last two days were rather hectic between dentist and doctor appointments and teaching. I am glad that today I'm staying home with the exception of choir rehearsal this evening which means I can get caught up on grading today during her naps. I
was so tired last night that I went to bed at 8:30pm. Staying home today is also good for Nadia as she only had one nap in her crib yesterday which meant she was very fussy for Paul last night. I think I figured out why her body went forward an hour. She often first wakes up about 5:50am which happens to be when a loud train comes through in the morning. I think the train wakes her up. Thankfully she went back to sleep for a little and then chattered for awhile and didn't get fussy until 6:40, which is when I went to get her. People told me that eventually we'd not even be aware of the sounds from the train. Well we've lived here almost 6 months, and I am still very aware of it, and I think Nadia is also since I have noticed that sometimes when she wakes up in the morning or at naptime is exactly at the same time a noisy train is going by.
Two months from today we'll be in Antigua. I can't wait!!! Also, two months from now I should be in the pupo (pregnant until proven otherwise) stage as the embryo transfer will hopefully be completed one of the first few days of May.
No comments:
Post a Comment