Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Repeat Beta = 2,500!

I've had my bloodwork done at my primary care doctor's office this week. The advantage is I save 35 minutes of driving time (round trip). The disadvantage is I have to wait 3-4 hours longer to get "the call" since they don't process the labs as quickly. Anyhow I was very happy with my result of "a little over 2,500" which means a doubling time of 38 hours. WOOHOO! I compared my first Beta results to the median reported on the betabase website. At 19dpo the singleton median is 598, twins is 1167, and triplets is 1714. So mine was closest to the median for twins. At 21dpo (what I am today), the singleton median is 1228, twins is 2514, and triplets is 3550. So I am still thinking twins. :-)

I can't wait for my u/s (scheduled for 8:00am on Tuesday) for two reasons. #1 I am of course very curious as to how many babies are growing in my womb, and #2 I am very ready to be done with the PIO shots. I get to switch to a different form of progesterone once we see a heartbeat. This cycle I had 42 belly shots, and tonight will be butt shot #20. My hips are getting very sore. Of course I am glad to still be on the shots (they would have stopped if the Beta on Monday had been negative), but I will be glad to switch to something that doesn't involve a large needle every night. Monday night Paul accidently hit a vein and the blood shot out of me so much that it even landed on his leg and of course was running down mine as well. Yuck.



I think I'll lick the bottom of this shoe. Sand is yummy!

A view from one of the restaurants where we had dinner near our resort.


This was taken on our walk from the resort to the restaurants near the dock.


Paul and I climbed to the top of this limestone structure on our day trip.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've enjoyed your pictures! They make me want to go on an island vacation!

So glad your counts are still good ... can't wait to see how many little ones you're carrying!

Lucia said...

another great number! I am betting more and more on twins :-) Can't wait for Tuesday to be here!!!!

P.S. GREAT PICTURES!!!