Sunday, November 8, 2009

Frosty Pine

Yesterday we went to Lowe's to buy a gallon of paint for Ian's room. I let Paul pick the color as he has a very good eye when it comes to choosing paint colors. We brought along the wallpaper border, and he decided that a pale green called "Frosty Pine" would be the best choice. I can't wait to see Ian's room after we decorate it in about 2 weeks! We also bought a carbon monoxide detector while we were there. We ended up getting one that also measures natural gas. It was twice as expensive than the ones that just detect carbon monoxide, but since we have natural gas heating our home, it seemed worth the investment especially since natural gas makes Paul rather nervous.
Yesterday Nadia said the word "touchdown" again. She had said it last Sunday, but since I only heard it once, I hadn't counted it as a new word yet. She said it a couple of times yesterday - very clearly! You can tell her parents like football that "touchdown" was one of her first 50 words, LOL. You can see from the photo in yesterday's post that she also shares our affinity for pizza. She ate almost an entire slice last night!
Yesterday I got an email from someone in Michigan who read one of my journal articles and was wanting to do additional research on the topic. That was a pleasant surprise. I admit it's easy to just focus on the goal of tenure & promotion when writing articles. It's nice to think that people are actually reading them. :-)

No comments: