
I got a LOT more sleep last night. YAHOOO! I went to bed around 8pm after nursing Ian, and I woke up at 10:30 and nursed him again. Thankfully, I had no trouble putting him into his crib at 11pm. He woke up at 1am, and again putting him in his crib wasn't a problem after he finished nursing. This meant that by 3am (the next time he woke up) I had already gotten more sleep than I had gotten the entire previous night. He only nursed 10 minutes this time, and that's usually a bad sign. As I expected, over the next hour he kept waking up and only nursing for a few seconds or minutes. I handed him to Paul at 4:10am. Paul gave him 1.5 ounces of formula. I was wanting to put Ian back in the crib, but Paul was concerned that if it didn't go well, Ian would wake Nadia up. So Ian slept with us for about 90 minutes until he woke up to be nursed. Thankfully, Nadia didn't get up until around 7am. I have no idea why she recently shifted from waking up at 5:15am to 7am, but we really prefer the 7am wake-up time!!! After I finished nursing Ian, I put him in the swing so that Nadia and I could have breakfast. He's still in the swing right now! I am glad that the length of time he'll stay in the swing has been lengthening.
Nadia has an appointment this afternoon with the nurse to get two shots. One will be the second half of her H1N1 vaccine, and the other is a booster shot for another immunization. The good news is that aside from annual flu shots, I don't think Nadia will need any more shots until she's 4 years old. YAY! Ian will get several shots next month. The 2 month ones were the hardest for Nadia; she seemed to cry for

about 24 hours straight. I hope Ian has an easier time with them.
Unfortunately, Ian has hit a roadblock with weight gain. He gained 3 ounces last Mon-Wed bit then only 1/2 an ounce from Thurs-Sun. I'm going to call the lactation nurse today. I thought I could relax, but I guess we haven't gotten to that point yet. He has been waking up during the night (usually every 2 hours) and that seemed like a big improvement to me as before I had to wake him up when it was time to nurse. There's no way he'll be back to his birth weight or even hit 6 lbs by tomorrow (when he'll be one month old). Please keep praying he'll get back on track with gaining weight!!! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment