Friday, September 3, 2010

A date and a stroller

This morning Paul and I had a breakfast date. We haven't done that in more than 2 years. We both enjoy hot breakfast foods. Paul loves cheese omlettes, and I like pancakes, eggs, french toast, breakfast potatoes, etc. We had an appointment at the lawyer at 8:30am to sign our wills, power of attorney documents, and living will forms. I was pleasantly surprised at the cost. I have never done any business with a lawyer before, but I was expecting the bill to be high even though we spent less than 1 hour with him (both visits combined). The invoice was for less than $200! That seemed very reasonable in our opinion. Thanks for the recommendation, Donna!! Beth came over at 7:15 so we could have breakfast at Perkins prior to our appointment. I definitely veered off the diet. I ate a 100 calorie yogurt at 6am to tide me over and only had grapes for lunch at noon so hopefully that will help compensate for eating 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, and breakfast potatoes at 8am. I gave Paul my bacon. The pancakes were delicious as they had pineapples, mandarin oranges, marachino cherries, and coconut on them. Yum! I walked the kids to the park about an hour after we got home so hopefully that helped burn some of the calories off. I was planning to mow at noon, but it's just too hot. I was sweating just from pushing the stroller to the park. I didn't feel I was up to carrying a 19lb baby in the Snugli while mowing in this heat and humidity. I'll mow tomorrow when it will be 20 degrees cooler.

Today I got a new stroller at Toys R Us. They're having this event over the next 2 weeks where you can trade in any stroller, high chair, crib, car seat, etc. for a 25% off coupon. I had been planning to do this, but I changed my mind a thousand times as to what I would trade. I considered trading a car seat or our double stoller. In the end I decided to trade in our larger single stroller (came with the infant car seat - aka a travel system). I used the coupon toward a Jeep Wrangler Twin Sport stroller. The double stroller we received as a hand me down is a Graco front/back one. I use it when we walk to the park, but it's way too heavy and too large for me to put in my car and use elsewhere. Ian is getting really heavy to carry in the Snugli so I was wanting a stroller that would accomodate both of them that I could easily take places. When we were at Knoebels on Tuesday, I brought our two single strollers (one umbrella stroller plus the one I traded in today). While we were there I studied all the various double strollers others were using. I was torn between this one (which I saw someone using) and a double jogging type stroller as the small wheels don't seem to like going over gravel en route to the park. In the end I decided to go with the lightweight one. I was thinking about instances like our cruise in January. The kind salesperson at Toys R Us assembled the stroller for me so I could use it at the mall right after I bought it. It is soooo much lighter and soooo much easier to fold up. The downsides to this type of stroller are that it's wider (which made it trickier to get through some doorways and some aisles in some stores) and that they can annoy each other more easily. Nadia kept yelling at Ian "behave!" even though he wasn't doing anything wrong. I think in the end I'm going to be very glad we have this stroller. I have to admit I got emotional when I was trading in the other one. If we decide not to do ivf again, parting with all the baby stuff is going to be really, really hard. We shall see if I trade anything else in over the next 2 weeks.

1 comment:

TylerandBrianne said...

I have the same stroller. I agree the traditional double strollers are just too heavy.