1. Nadia started crawling all over the place at 8.5 months old. Ian really took off a few days after he turned 12 months old. Nadia took her first steps (without holding on to anything) at 9 months and was walking (no more crawling) before she turned 11 months. Ian is cruising but hasn't taken any steps yet.
| Nadia at 9 months (3/24/09) |
2. At 9 months old Nadia was still taking 3 naps a day. Ian had already moved to 2 naps a day. Nadia did switch to 2 naps a day during this time span. Her naps were much longer than Ian's. Ian often only naps for 60 minutes a day. Every once in a while he takes an 80 minute long nap, but the norm for him is 20-30 minutes per nap. They both slept on their bellies. I would put Nadia down on her back, and she would roll over. I put Ian down on his belly.
| Ian at 9 months (9/12/10) |
4. At 9 months old Nadia was only eating table food (no more baby food). At 12 months old Ian can only eat a little bit of baby food. He has a long way to go before he's eating table food. She was feeding herself finger food at 11 months old. Aside from maybe 1-2 saltine crackers and 1-2 biter biscuits, Ian hasn't put any other food in his mouth.
5. Ian had a lot of really bad diaper rash during this 3 month time span. He didn't have much prior to turning 9 months old. I'm hoping the next 3 months won't be so bad, but at least I'm prepared with my big jar of Triple Paste! Nadia never had a bad case of diaper rash. I think part of the reason for the difference between the two is that Nadia only pooped once a day, and Ian well he poops many times a day and if I happen not to notice it RIGHT away - he gets diaper rash. I am not sure if the diaper rash or the surgery are the cause, but he cries as soon as I lie him down to change his diaper. Nadia had a brief phase of crying during diaper changes, but giving her a toy to play with ended that problem. I haven't found a solution for Ian although I will say at least he doesn't have a fit every single time.
| Ian at 1 year (12/12/10) |
6. At 9 months old Nadia was shaking her head to communicate "no." At 11 months old she was signing the word "milk" and saying Dada or Daddy when she saw Paul. Ian says "dada" and "mama" but hasn't clearly used them in reference to either of us yet. I haven't done sign language with him. Nadia had a VERY large receptive vocabulary at 1 year old. I could say something like "go play the piano," and she'd walk into the other room and play the piano (while standing on the floor). The only things Ian does on command are clap and splash (in the bathtub). I really have no idea what other words he comprehends.
7. Ian can stay in a moving stroller much longer than Nadia could at this age.8. Ian entered the clapping all the time stage a few weeks before Nadia did as she didn't until she was 1 week away from turning 13 months old.
| Nadia at 1 year (6/27/09) |
10. At one year old Nadia had 6 teeth. Ian only has 2 teeth thus far. Both of them did get their bottom two front teeth first.
11. Both of them during this age span enjoyed listening to music, being read to, being tickled, and playing peekaboo.
12. Ian is far more boisterous in everything he does including splashing in the bathtub! Also unlike his sister he absolutely loves wheels and balls.
12. Ian is far more boisterous in everything he does including splashing in the bathtub! Also unlike his sister he absolutely loves wheels and balls.
No comments:
Post a Comment