I thought Ian had been weaned during our cruise. Last week toward the end of the week I kept having this burning sensation in the morning, and silly me didn't connect it to nursing until Saturday morning when I was in so much pain I couldn't wait for Ian to wake up as it finally hit me that I needed to nurse him to feel better. What a glorious 30 minutes that was. I just love nursing. Of course at times it's been very stressful for me, but now it's just bliss. He wasn't interested the past two days, but he did nurse again this morning. I wasn't surprised because I was burning again today. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'll enjoy it for however long it does even if it's just two times a week. It's one of the reasons I long for one more child. I really would like to nurse another baby (as his/her primary source of nutrition rather than supplementing like it's been for Ian). However considering I assumed I'd never nurse at all (even though I planned to try to nurse an adopted baby), I am very grateful I've been able to nurse for 20 months total thus far.
This morning I was able to make it to ladies Bible study. I hadn't been in almost a year. It was wonderful although I prefer Beth Moore studies to Kay Arthur ones. It was good to see ladies I hadn't seen in a long time such as from my handbell choir. Nadia cried when I first dropped her off. She never cries at our church, but of course this was unfamiliar to her. She didn't cry long and was playing happily when I picked her up. Ian didn't cry when I dropped him off, and because he was sleeping when I came down, I picked Nadia up first. Big Mistake. I won't do that again because she was very interested in the toys in the infant nursery and didn't want to leave. In the future I'll pick Ian up first no matter what so we can avoid a meltdown prior to our departure. The second lesson I learned was to bring a snack. Lately Nadia hasn't been as prone to fall asleep in the car on the way home from church on Sundays, so I had gotten out of the habit. Well she was asleep prior to noon even though she hasn't been falling asleep until 1-1:30 lately. She had a very short nap in the car, but that was enough to ruin her afternoon nap. That was very frustrating because the last few days she's been sleeping until 4 or 4:30pm (napping 2.5-3.5 hours). Next week I'll bring a snack or stop at the McD's drive thru on the way home so that she will stay awake during our 25 minute drive home.
No comments:
Post a Comment