Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Miss Clavel

Photo taken on July 2nd; I kept forgetting to post it!
For a few weeks Nadia has often been pretending that she's going to school. When I ask her where she's going to school, sometimes she says the name of my university, and other times she says Penn State. This evening I asked her what the name of her teacher is, and she said "Miss Clavel." Can you tell she's been enjoying the Madeline books lately? Netflix has decided to separate the charges for DVD's and the streaming service in the near future, and because of that we're going to discontinue using the streaming part of their service. Nadia will miss being able to see the old episodes of Madeline that were available through Netflix. I will say the lines from those books often run through my head, and I know they're not just in mine because yesterday at one point Nadia said she was running "fast and faster" (as Miss Clavel does to the scence of a disaster).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a little Madeleine doll for Nadia that I picked up a the Thrift store. (smaller than a barbie doll, poseable figure). No Miss Clavel doll though! I'll try to remember to pack the doll in our suitcase next month. :)