
Oliver got up at 5:10am, and since he had slept for almost 9 hours straight (without any crying), I let him get up then. Getting up that early through him off his schedule as normally his naps start at (approximately) 9am and 1pm. He went down for his first nap a little before 7am, but that proved to be the right decision (he was yawning) because he slept for an hour!!! His morning nap used to be at least 90 minutes long, but over the last week it hadn't been more than 30 minutes. He got really sleepy at 11:30 so I put him down then for his second nap.

He slept for only ten minutes and then woke up crying. I decided to let him cry himself to sleep because ten minutes is not long enough to be his afternoon nap. He cried for 45 minutes and then (drumroll please) slept for five minutes shy of TWO hours straight. Thank heavens. That is the longest nap he's had in a crib in almost four weeks. Once he fell back asleep (at 12:30pm), I took the other two up to brush their teeth and get them in their bedrooms for nap/quiet time. After that, I crawled into bed myself. I must have been in a very deep sleep because when Nadia walked into our bedroom at 1:30pm, I looked at the clock, thought it was 1:30am, and told her it was the middle of the night and she needed to go back to bed. She corrected me and told me it was the day time. I then turned and saw the sunlight streaming through the windows and realized she was correct. I told her she could go downstairs, and I rested in bed for about 15 more minutes until Ian woke up from his nap. I obviously was in a rather deep sleep! I think I'd better head to bed right now. Sweet dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment