![]() |
| Nadia worked with mixing paints today to make light and dark primary and secondary colors. Purple is very hard to make! |
We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
My second reader!
I have sporadically worked with Ian on his reading skills. Lately he has been pestering me to work with him. Normally I am not a fan of being nagged by a child, but in this case, I really can't complain since he's been begging to do more school work. I've been doing more math, handwriting, and reading with him lately - all at his request! He has been able to sound out words for several months, including four letter words like "frog" or "shed" or "chip," but many times he just starts guessing wildly based on the pictures. He hasn't totally broken that habit, but just in the last week or so he's shown a LOT of improvement with sounding words out. I feel he's very close to a big break through and will really take off with his reading in the near future. Once he does, then I'm going to start adding spelling into his daily school work. I usually use the All About Reading readers with him (he's almost ready to move to the second book of Level One), but on Monday I pulled out the first set of BOB books and had him practice his reading skills with those. I recorded him reading three of the books. Since each video is almost five minutes long, I am only embedding one of them in the post, but here are the links of the other two for his Grandmas. I am pleased with his progress considering he's four years old and wouldn't be eligible to attend Kindergarten until next August, if we were sending him to a school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment