We were flying on Jet Blue, and on the trip back we did take advantage of the fact you can check one suitcase for free. The snacks on Jet Blue are nicer than the ones we've had on other airlines lately. The nicest surprise was that we were assigned "Even more room" seats, which usually involve an extra fee (basically their version of "first" or "business" class seats). I have NEVER had so much leg room on an airplane in my life. Wow. It was definitely the most comfortable seat I've ever had on an airplane. Oliver was much better behaved on this flight than the last one. I think that was because we were on the plane for an hour less since we didn't sit on the runway so long this time around. On our way back to my parents' house, we stopped for dinner at Panera. I got to have the salad that is my MOST favorite salad since it's the time of year for strawberries. Yum!
We spent a few hours with my parents this morning and then drove back home. We stopped at an Aldi's on the way home to get some much needed groceries. Paul put Oliver down for a late nap, and I mowed the lawn while Oliver slept. The lawn REALLY needed mowing. I don't think the grass (or weeds I should say) have ever been so tall on our property before. It had been 16 days since I had mowed. We had a great vacation, but it also feels wonderful to be back at home again. I can't wait until Tuesday when we'll be reunited with Nadia and Ian. I miss them already! They are in Atlanta right now as they are planning on attending North Point Community Church (where Andy Stanley is the Pastor) tomorrow morning.
I was reflecting this week on a few firsts and lasts that this trip represented such as the first trip in six years that didn't involve diapers or a pack 'n play. Our first vacation with a child was in May 2009 to Antigua with Paul's parents. I have to say I greatly prefer Caribbean beaches to beaches in the US, but the airfare to the Caribbean is more expensive so I am not sure when we will be going back there again. The kids don't care what color the water is. :) This was also the first trip that involved buying an airline ticket for Oliver, and it was the last time he will be able to get into SeaWorld and Disney for free. My kids are growing up. No more diapers, cribs, or highchairs. We still need one booster seat though when we go out to eat. I am very thankful we can make these special memories on vacation with our children. I asked Nadia what her favorite part of the vacation was yesterday, and she said the best part was being together as a family. What a great answer!
We didn't go to Downtown Disney last year; so the last time we were in the Lego store there was May 2013. I had to include a picture of Ian with Hulk from that trip to show how much he's grown. Actually Oliver was wearing that Elmo outfit on this trip that Ian wore there two years ago. I transferred three of the videos from Grandma's iPhone to my iPad and uploaded them to youtube today. I thought I had transferred ALL the videos, but that wasn't the case. I'll have to transfer the others later (such as the one which shows Ian fighting Darth Vader), but here are three videos for now.




No comments:
Post a Comment