Nadia had her first (hour long) diving lesson this morning. There were five kids in the class, and she was the only girl. I will share below two videos of her diving today - one from the class this morning and the second from when she was practicing at the pool we belong to this afternoon. Ian did a great job in his level 2 swimming lesson today. He has really come such a LONG way in the past 8 days with his swimming. Oliver also did a fine job in his level 1 class. He wasn't wanting to try to glide or float on his back, but he did everything else his teacher asked him to do. I do think Ian will probably pass level 2 this week, but I am not expecting Oliver to pass Level 1. I am planning on having him repeat Level 1 next summer, but I thought since we were already at the pool for Nadia's diving lesson I might as well sign him up so that he can continue to make progress in his swimming skills. Ian watched part of Nadia's diving lesson, and he told me he wants to take diving lessons next year, which is fine with me. I will be happy to sign them both up next year.
When I was in Maryland with my mother I found out through Facebook that a student of mine from when I taught in Annapolis had recently become a widow. Her husband, Andrew, was 33 years old and worked for NASA; he was killed in a kayaking accident on Lake Michigan on June 26. I cannot even begin to imagine what Valerie and her three young children are going through right now as they grieve the loss of their father/husband. If you think of her, I am sure she would appreciate even more people praying on her behalf.
Today I let Oliver pick out his birthday balloons. He picked two out at Dollar Tree (where everything is truly $1) - an Elmo one and a Mickey Mouse one. On Saturday night I purchased the gallon of chocolate milk that I let the kids enjoy the week of their birthdays. He is going to have more guests at his party than have been at any of his siblings birthdays because Yvonne and her kids will be joining us in addition to Paul's parents and my dad. Oliver is very excited that his days in a car seat are very numbered. Booster seat here he comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment