Saturday, March 11, 2017

Spring Forward


 Well we might be springing our clocks forward an hour during the night tonight, but we haven't exactly had spring weather the past two days! It was gorgeous on Thursday, and then we got snow on Friday. It laid on the trees in the most beautiful fashion and covered the grass (maybe 2 inches?), but the roads were fine where we live so the kids still had gym class. The roads weren't clear on all of Paul's commute. He witnessed three accidents within less than 10 miles. We're very thankful he had gotten new tires on Thursday and that he made it there safely! We're supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow in three days. I was hoping the snow yesterday was our last blast. I was wrong. Hopefully next week's snow will be the last blast of winter. Ian has been waking up earlier and earlier. I am hoping that the time change will help him go back to sleeping until closer to 7:00 am. Tonight we split the difference and put the kids to bed 30 minutes early according to the "old" time. We shall see what time they wake up tomorrow. My choir isn't singing, which means we can leave the house about 30 minutes later than usual which will be a help tomorrow.

Nadia and Ian had their last basketball games of 2017 today. Nadia's team was undefeated this season, and they dominated every team except for one. They played eight different teams. Nadia's softball practices are supposed to start on Monday, weather permitting. I ordered a face mask and mitt for her on Amazon, which are supposed to be delivered on Monday. I'll find out next week what days/times the boys will have their practices, and when their practices start will depend on the condition of the soccer field. Snow isn't a good thing for the field, but I'm fine with having a little gap in between the end of basketball and the start of soccer. Paul's parents joined us for the games today, and for the third time this season we had lunch at McDonald's in between the two games. They came over to our house for a few hours after Nadia's game. We played the game Guesstures together (everyone except for Oliver). I think everyone had fun playing that game. I bet we'll play it again some time! Although the basketball season is far simpler because all of the games are at the same location (only 12 minutes from our house), one plus of soccer and softball is that those games will be outside, which means much better light for my camera. Taking non-blurry pictures of a moving target indoors is a huge challenge for my photography skills. Hopefully in the coming years my skills will progress in that regard. I'm thinking about enrolling in a sports photography course online to help me with that.







No comments: