Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Thankful Tuesday



 1. We made it here safely to Long Island on Saturday. With traffic, the trip took us 5 hours altogether.

2. We enjoyed the NY Hall of Science on Saturday.

3. We are enjoying Aunt Janet's indoor pool (Saturday night), outdoor pool (Monday morning), and beach (Sunday and Monday). We also enjoyed visiting her church on Sunday.

4. We got Paul off of our cell phone plan, which has saved us $25 this month. He now has a phone through the family business. Next step is to get me on a cheaper plan.

5. Paul came home early on Friday from work since he wouldn't be seeing us for a week. He was able to eat dinner with us and take the kids swimming for about 90 minutes on Friday night. The lifeguards gave Nadia a birthday card, which was very sweet of them!

6. The previous week our neighbor's kids took swimming lessons where ours did last week. They only had 2/5 lessons
as three were cancelled due to the weather. I'm very thankful that last week none of their tennis or swimming lessons were cancelled.

7. Our elliptical was delivered on Friday! I'm hoping that Paul will be able to assemble it while we're in New York so I can start using it when we get home.

8. We went to two fabulous yard sales on Friday morning. I spent $70, and the most expensive item was $2 (only two things cost that much). Most things were $1 or $1.50, and some were as little as $0.25. I mostly got clothes and shoes for Nadia. I also got some clothes and shoes for the boys, some chapter books for Nadia, and two pairs of sandals for myself. They are super comfortable (made by Clarks) - much nicer than the kind I usually get at Payless, and they only cost me $2 each. I got a black pair and a brown pair. The dresses that Nadia wore on Saturday and Sunday were from the yard sale - $1.50 each!

9. My dad and Margie made it back safely from Michigan.

10. As today is Independence Day, I am very thankful that I live in America. I pray our country will continue to follow the constitution for years to come. We are very blessed!























No comments: