We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Friday, August 17, 2018
A Kid's Life
Today was the last day of "camp" for our kids for 2018. The past four days the boys and I have hung out in Williamsport from 12-3 while she was rehearsing for the musical, but I dropped her off (ten minutes late because of Little League traffic) and came back home. I came home because Paul stayed at work for more than 24 hours straight (pulled an all nighter) and because of that he came home very early today. He stayed all night on Thursday night because of Nadia's musical at 2:30 today plus our three day weekend getaway to Niagara Falls that will take place (Lord willing) starting tomorrow morning. So the boys stayed home while he napped, and I took Nadia to her rehearsal. I was home for almost exactly one hour before we left to see her show. She had nine people come to see her perform - Tab, Micah, Isaiah, Grandma, Pop Pop, Mommy, Daddy, Ian, and Oliver. We really appreciated that Tab and her boys came, especially because today was Tab's birthday! Since they had a smaller cast than is usually used for this particular musical, they cut some parts out. The musical
lasted 30 minutes. We took some videos that I plan to upload later, but I need to scoot to bed so all you get for now are pictures. She only had three speaking lines, but she had some solos and trios. We were proud of our girl! The musical (A Kid's Life) was all about what kids could do with their grandparents if they couldn't use any technology. They learned that it could be fun to jump rope, play board games, make paper airplanes, look for shapes in the clouds, etc.
After her show the seven of us went bowling and then had a late dinner at Cracker Barrel. Ian showed improvement in his bowling scores this week. On Tuesday he got a 77 (one spare) and 63, and today he got a 90 (two spares) and 111 (three spares). Oliver also bowled better today. On Tuesday he had a 56 and 43, and today he had 82 and 63. We all bowled two games. The kids bowled with bumpers on one lane, and the adults bowled without bumpers on the other lane. Paul won the first game, and Grandma won the second game. I let Nadia and Ian bowl many of my frames in the second game because they had finished their two games more quickly than the four adults and also so they could get some experience bowling without bumpers.
P.S. You might notice Oliver has a new hairstyle. He gave himself a haircut last night (when he was supposed to be in bed sleeping), and so to improve the situation (I am not at all impressed with his ability to "give himself a little trim" as he put it), I gave him a buzz cut. Ian is now the only child of mine to never cut his hair. Nadia has done it twice (several years in between the two times). Here's to hoping none of my kids cut their hair again! This was Oliver's first time (and hopefully last). I kept telling myself that hair does grow back!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment