1. Ian got a good report at the orthodontist. He told Ian, "Your mom is a good orthodontist." LOL! He meant I've been doing a good job turning the key in his expander once a day. It did not go smoothly at first, but thankfully I've gotten the hang of it and now can do it quickly, which is a relief to Ian.
2. We finally got back in gear with Spanish yesterday. We've started working on words related to the outdoors and going on a walk.
3. In January and the first half of February our pastor preached an excellent sermon series on the book of Ruth. Since the series ended on Valentine's Day and we had baby dedications that day, they gave everyone a Baby Ruth candy bar as we exited the sanctuary. My mom used to buy Baby Ruth candy bars for me to give my classmates on my birthday, and at one of my baby showers when I was pregnant with Nadia they gave everyone Baby Ruth candy bars. Ironically, I don't like Baby Ruth candy bars, but Paul was happy to eat two of them as I gave him mine.
4. I'm very excited about learning how to make quality videos. I took some video clips of Milo running with Ian and Oliver yesterday, which was the first time I used my DSLR camera to take a video. I've been on a plateau for a long time as far as making progress with my photography skills. Although I certainly haven't "arrived" in that skill, I'm excited about developing my videography skills. I downloaded a free version of DaVinci Resolve so I can edit videos. I've had my cell phone for 6 years, but I bought a refurbished phone that was almost 2 years old so my phone is almost 8 years old. I have asked Paul if I could have a new phone for my birthday because my phone doesn't do a very good job taking videos or pictures. I think the only other thing I'll need to purchase is a microphone. There's something invigorating about learning a new skill. My cooking and baking skills have definitely been stretched over the past five months, but I am even more excited about learning how to make quality videos.
5. The Serbian potato moussaka was okay. We didn't have trouble eating it, but I won't make it again. Nadia really, really liked the Hamantaschen cookies we had when celebrating Purim. I really, really like the strawberry pretzel salad I made earlier this week. I have no idea why it's called a salad. It's a dessert in my opinion. Anyhow, I've had it before but never made it before.
6. I've been under the weather the past four days. I'm thankful that so far no one else in the family has come down with it. Hopefully none of them will. Everyone in Yvonne's family has recovered from COVID except for Joe. He got fluids at the ER on Sunday but still has been feeling pretty lousy. We keep praying for him to feel healthy again and also for Paul's mom to feel better. She's been in a lot of pain lately, but she is doing a little better today, thankfully.
7. The kids have been on fire with doing Junior Ranger badges lately. Ian earned 6 in February and did 6 more over the past three days!
8. Our Governor removed the travel restrictions on Monday that had been in place since the middle of November! This means once Joe and I are healthy, Yvonne's family can come up to visit us, and I can give two nephews and one niece their overdue Christmas gifts!
9. Paul and Ian have really been enjoying listening to Hank the Cowdog books together. They really crack Paul's funny bone!
10. We haven't watched many movies together lately, but we did see Flora and Ulysses on Disney+. It followed the book pretty closely. I liked the book better than the movie. The best movie I've seen on Disney+ over the last year is definitely Safety. We wish they hadn't fired Gina Carano from the Mandalorian. Twitter deleted a quote from Mother Theresa claiming it was hate speech, YouTube has banned pro-life videos, Facebook blocks pro-life ads, etc. It seems freedom of speech is only for those of a certain political persuasion in our country these days. We'll just keep praying for our country! Big Tech companies might favor abortion, but thankfully abortion rates are dropping in the US. I think that ultrasounds have been the biggest asset in dispelling the "blob of tissue" lie. I'm always encouraged when I hear of states passing laws to limit abortions. South Carolina last month linked it to when a heartbeat is detected. The fewer babies that are killed the better.
11. Yesterday the weather was GORGEOUS again! Last Wednesday and this Wednesday it was in the low 50's. Last week I walked (and jogged part of the time) with Milo for 10 miles from Wednesday through Friday. Yesterday I walked him for 4 miles. It's much colder today, but next week we're supposed to have several days in the 50's. I absolutely love being outside when it's warmer out!!! Milo likes it too. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment