The kids had a theatre workshop this week from 8:15-12:30pm each day in Montoursville. The musical was called "Back to the Beginning." Paul's dad, Paul, and I attended their program at noon today. Ian did a great job of singing, smiling, and doing the motions. He had auditioned for a speaking part, but he didn't audition for a solo. Next year I told him that he MUST audition for a solo. He has a beautiful voice. Oliver tried to do the motions, and he did sing a little bit. Learning that many songs in less than five days was very challenging for him. Nadia did a good job with her small speaking part and solo. After their show, we went to a bowling alley where the kids can bowl two games for free. Paul, Ian, and Oliver have bowling shoes. I want to get Nadia bowling shoes for Christmas this year. I paid for Paul's two games plus Nadia's shoe rental. We also bought a pitcher of root beer and pizza for the six of us to share. The bowling alley gives a $5 credit towards their arcade games when you pay for a shoe rental for a child. The kids used the credit and earned a few pieces of candy. The first game they all bowled without bumpers. Paul had two strikes and four spares in the first game and ended with a score of 137. Nadia had a "strike on the second ball". That was the only spare for any of the kids in the first game. She beat her brothers with a final score of 72. Ian had 54 and Oliver had 36. After the first two frames of the second game, the kids decided to use bumpers, Paul, even though he didn't use bumpers, improved to 152 in the second game. Ian had the highest score of the three kids with 100 points. Nadia was in second with 70, and Oliver was in third with 66. Pop Pop and I just cheered on the bowlers. The worst part of this camp is the fact that we need to be out the door by 7:50 each morning. We're looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and not needing to rush out the door. I'm planning to mow the lawn tomorrow morning.
I also took the kids bowling yesterday. Monday through Wednesday we went straight home for lunch after I picked the kids up. I took them swimming in the afternoon on Tuesday and Wednesday. Yesterday I took the kids to McDonald's and Rita's before they bowled two games. I imagine Milo will be grateful the theatre workshop is over because he spent more time in his crate than he usually does this week. Yesterday the kids bowled one game with bumpers and one without. The first game Oliver had one spare, and Nadia had two consecutive strikes. She won with 93, Oliver had 88, and Ian had 75. Their scores were much lower without bumpers yesterday. Ian had 38, Oliver had 35, and Nadia had 30. Nadia didn't go bowling in 2020 so when she bowled yesterday it had probably been about two years since she had gone bowling. The boys have gone bowling more often than she has this year. As of yesterday, VBS is done for our family for 2021, and as of today all classes/camps for summer 2021 are done, but we still have 16 days left of summer break.



No comments:
Post a Comment