I recently realized I had totally forgotten to take Oliver's 11th birthday portrait. I have a frame in which there is a spot for a wallet size picture for most years (larger for birth and larger for age 18). The picture here was the one I snapped (3 months late) for Oliver's eleven-year-old portrait. A bigger mistake I made recently was that I *thought* I had bought tickets for Ian and Paul to see Tim Hawkins in Camp Hill. By the time I realized my error, the tickets were all sold out. I felt horrible about this mistake because Ian was really looking forward to seeing him in person. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to get tickets for him to see Tim Hawkins. I do have tickets for us to see TobyMac (all the kids really wanted to see him for the first time), and Tasha Layton is one of the other artists that will be at that concert, and she was on Nadia's "list" of artists she wanted to see whom she hasn't seen yet. I had tickets for a Steven Chapman concert, but that concert was cancelled. Not counting the artists she'd like to see again (Cain, Anne Wilson, For King and Country, and Matthew West are her top four artists I believe), I'm hoping in the next couple of years to be able to get tickets for her to see Riley Clemmons and Steven Curtis Chapman. Riley is on tour with Zach Williams for the next several months, and he's not one of her favorites so it will be a little while until I will likely get tickets for a Riley Clemmons concert. I hope to never make the mistake I made with the Tim Hawkins tickets again.
Paul finished assembling the foosball table on Sunday afternoon! Some of the kids who come to our co-op on Tuesdays were able to play some foosball this week. While he was working on that I was raking leaves, trimming bushes, cleaning the fence, picking apples off the ground, etc. I was the substitute teacher for our Sunday School class this past Sunday. I taught a lesson on the book of Jude. Paul will have to go to The Chosen Bible study without me tonight due to a Sound of Music dress rehearsal. He took the kids to choir on Monday night and took Ian to his piano lesson yesterday because of my rehearsals. Normally Ian's piano lessons are in the morning, but his had to be rescheduled this week #1 because we had to pick a time that was also good for his duet partner and #2 Ian and Nadia are leaving for a Bible quizzing event in Ohio on Friday morning. He'll have one more rehearsal with Josh next Friday morning, and then their recital is the next day. Nadia can't wait until he's done practicing The Waltz of the Flowers. She's tired of it! Paul is also taking five kids on a field trip tomorrow morning to attend a program about beavers for homeschoolers in grades 6-12 at a state park located one hour away. I'm very thankful he can help out more this week in light of my crazy rehearsal/performance schedule. I'm in six scenes of the musical - five as a nun and one as Frau Zeller. I have VERY little time to change from my party dress (when I'm Frau Zeller) back into my nun costume. On Monday I didn't make it back on stage on time. The director changed what time some of us are exiting the stage from the party, and I made it on time (with assistance) last night. Although I never plan to do this again, it has been quite a learning experience for me!


No comments:
Post a Comment