Well part way through Sunday School I felt so badly I wasn't sure I was going to make it through church. I had an awful headache and was feeling dizzy and also very weepy. I felt like I might burst into tears although I couldn't think of anything that was bothering me so I figured that at least the weepiness was definitely hormonally induced. I am not positive, but these could all be side effects from the Lupron. I've had 3 shots of it so far. Maybe my body doesn't like having my pituitary gland desensitized! I read a list of 10 common side effects of Lupron, and I have had 7 of the 10 so far (no hot flashes yet though, lol). I definitely have "irritation at the injection site". My tummy is soooo itchy where I have stabbed myself. I came home and took a 90 minute nap. I generally take about 2 naps a year; so that was significant for me. Especially as I got 9 hours of sleep last night so it wasn't like I was sleep deprived. Fatigue is one of the side effects. Well who knows maybe I just have a bug or something and maybe the only true side effects I've had are "mood alteration" and "irritation at injection site." I am positive the fact I feel like bawling is hormonally induced. Maybe it's the combination of the pill + Lupron. Tomorrow is my last day of the pill.
Paul looked at me like I was crazy when he saw I was about to start sobbing right before I fell asleep this afternoon. He said, "I thought you said you aren't upset???" I guess it's hard for a guy to understand the effect hormonal changes can have on a woman's emotions. I know in past inj/iui cycles my estrogen has been over 3,000 whereas in an unmedicated cycle a woman might peak at 200 (or less!). So when your hormones are more than 10 times what they are "supposed" to be it has an effect on your emotions!!! In my case right now my estrogen levels are being lowered not raised. Well I hope I feel better tomorrow, but if I don't, and I do get pregnant in a few weeks, it will all be WELL worth it. Well even though it's only 8:30pm, I am going to head to bed (and this is early even for me, lol!).
No comments:
Post a Comment