Friday, July 27, 2007

Going in again tomorrow

My E2 was 1,040 so I was correct in my prediction (I predicted it would be around 1,000). So they don't want me to wait until Monday for my next b/w and u/s, but neither the u/s tech or Dr. Gell are available to do the u/s on Sunday. So I'm going in again at 8:00am tomorrow. She said to stay at the same dosage, but they didn't give an indication as to when the stimming might stop. So just to be safe I called in a refill today of the Repronex and Follistim. I only have to pay $20 altogether for those vials, and I figure it's better to be on the safe side.

I did ask the pharmacist to only give me one box of Follistim (the Rx was for 2 boxes), and she said "but you only have to pay $10 for 2 boxes." To which I responded that I don't need 1,200 more IU of Follistim! I mean I actually might already have enough at home, but just to be safe I wanted to get one more vial (600iu). Yes, I know I will pay $10 whether I get 600iu or 1,200iu, but my insurance is paying the rest! I am sure they'd rather pay $591 for one box rather than $1,182 for two! I told her there was no way I needed 1,200iu so please just refill the Rx with only 1 box. I should have done the same with the Repronex now that I think about it. I should have just asked for only 1 box of that also as again the Rx was for 2 boxes. Well at least a box of Repronex is "only" $324 (for 375iu). If I get pg and have left over meds I'll donate them to someone so they aren't wasted.

I hope my vein is up for more b/w tomorrow. It really hurt today. Normally it doesn't hurt at all, but #1 I am not as crazy about this phlebotomist as others I've had there in the past and #2 I've had blood drawn from that vein 4 times in the last 9 days. So tomorrow will mean 5 times in 10 days. We shall see if it cooperates or if they need to use my hand instead. My right arm just can't be used for drawing blood so I always offer the left arm.

In terms of adoption we assembled the profiles last night (took us an hour working on it together), and I mailed them to Cathy today. Well I'll post another update tomorrow after my next appt!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ruth,

I have been checking up on you and I'm so excited! Your retrieval should be soon!! I have a great feeling about this IVF cycle...

BIG HUGS!!!

Ceci

Ruth said...

Thanks, Ceci! I hope you are right!!!!