Monday, February 1, 2010

SUCCESS!!!

Between the hours of 7:30pm and 6:30am, Ian spent about 7 hours in the Nap Nanny (in the pack 'n play in the family room). The first time I spent 30 minutes stroking his head and/or putting the pacifier back in any time he started to fuss, but the other times all I had to do was put him down and he didn't fuss or cry At All! The routine I've established is to nurse him on one side, burp him, change his diaper, and after I change his diaper put him in the sleep sack and then swaddle him (even his arms). Then I nurse him on the other side, and when he's done, I burp him and then put him in the Nap Nanny. I'm going to move the Nap Nanny upstairs and have him sleep in his crib in his bedroom this evening. Now I would have gotten more sleep than I have been getting except for the fact that Nadia was waking up almost every hour the whole night. She seems to have caught a cold. At different times during the night Paul gave her Tylenol, started the humidifier in her room, and put Vick's baby rub on her. Even though I didn't get up to care for her too many times, I still didn't get much sleep as I was awake every time she cried. Also, since Ian was downstairs I was concerned I wouldn't hear him so I was sleeping very lightly. In light of how little Nadia slept last night, I think today should be a two nap day. Hope that works as she needs more sleep, and I would love the naps also. I am VERY encouraged though that in the very near future I should start averaging at least 6 hours of sleep a night now that Ian is able to sleep somewhere besides someone's arms.


My postpartum/ D&;E follow-up appointment is this afternoon. I'm going to drop Nadia off at Sarah's on the way to the doctor's office and take Ian with me to the appointment. I'm sure she'll have fun playing with Abby for an hour or so. She was with her for almost 4 hours at church yesterday because we stayed for lunch after the worship service.

No comments: