Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nadia's Artwork

Colored in the nursery while I was in ladies Bible study (10/4/11)

As promised, I finally got around to scanning some of Nadia's recent artwork, I'd like to do this periodically so I can see the progression of her skills over time and be able to enjoy looking back at her work years down the road without actually saving the artwork. Paper Coterie is giving away free photobooks again (you only pay shipping), and I was looking through their photobooks yesterday to select which one I wanted to make, I noticed they had one that is focused on your child's artwork. That gave me an idea that maybe once every couple of years I could do a photobook just on their artwork by either taking pictures of their creations (particularly if they are 3D) or scanning them as I did these. If you want to take advantage of this free offer, you should know that it expires on October 23. I've ordered from them before, and the quality is excellent. My favorite is Shutterfly, but I will use which ever one has the best deal (most often seems to be Snapfish). I have to say I enjoy coloring with Nadia. Is it bad to admit that I'm 39 years old, and I still enjoy coloring books? :-)

Ian weighed the same today as he did last Tuesday. I am not concerned though because over the previous 7 days he had gained 18 ounces. I think a plateau is just fine after that rapid weight gain. I recently introduced tapioca pudding into his diet, and it didn't bother him one iota. YAY! He experienced two milestones on Sunday: #1 a "stranger" (nursery worker) was able to feed him some yogurt without any difficulties and #2 he didn't cry or fuss during ANY of his four meals that day! I introduced cottage cheese yesterday, and that has meant he's back to crying/fussing, but I need to keep pushing the texture envelope. The allergist said to gradually reintroduce soy 1-2 weeks from now. I'm taking him to see a new (local) pediatric allergist on Thursday. Out of the past 8 days, he had 4 naps that were 40 minutes long, 1 that was 20 minutes long (Sunday), two days that he only slept in the car, and 1 nap that was 50 minutes long (today!). I will be doing a BIG dance of joy if he routinely starts taking a 50 minute nap!
Gabby wasn't able to babysit today as planned because she isn't feeling well, and she won't be able to come on Thursday either. The upside of her not coming this afternoon was it meant I was able to take the kids to the park. We hadn't been in quite awhile, and it was GORGEOUS out this afternoon. The downside was of course I didn't get any grading done today. Paul's parents are going to come up on Friday and watch the kids as I'm going to have a long day on campus. Thus far I have 14 appointments with students, 1 committee meeting with the Dean, and 1 department faculty meeting scheduled between the hours of 11:00am and 5:30pm. Whew. It's going to be a hectic day, but I'd rather have a few long hectic days than go in more often.


Colored in AWANA (September 2011)


Colored in AWANA (October 2011)

Colored at home several weeks ago - LOTS of colors!

Fingerpainting from Children's Church on October 16, 2011

1 comment:

TylerandBrianne said...

I absolutely love the idea of scanning the pictures and putting them on the blog. I wish I would have thought of this when my older two were little. Maybe if I ever get another scanner I might steal your idea.