Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkins and Snow

While it was raining this morning, we carved pumpkins. Ian didn't want anything to do with them, but Nadia enjoyed scooping pulp and seeds out of one pumpkin. Her attention span for the project didn't extend to the second pumpkin. I drew the face on one pumpkin, and Paul drew the face on the other. Paul carved out both faces. I'm thinking of having the kids paint their pumpkins. I think Ian would enjoy painting a pumpkin. My sister called me via Facebook, and so we got to show our pumpkins to her five kids. They got to show us their newest addition to the family - a second cat named Kit Kat. Lollipop (their first cat) isn't too keen on their new arrival. I have to say that the video chat through FB was really nice - even better than Skype! During lunch it started snowing, so we also got to show our niece and nephews the snow in our backyard. Webcams are such a wonderful invention! Can you believe we're supposed to get TEN inches of snow today? It's still October for Pete's sake! It looks funny to see snow on the colored leaves that are still on the trees.  I'm sure I'll be taking more pictures today of the kids out in the snow. We'll be heading out after Nadia wakes up from her nap. Ian's nap was only 15 minutes long. UGH! Maybe we'll use one of the pumpkins as the head to our snowman, lol! After we finished carving the pumpkins, Nadia and I made some chocolate banana bread. It's VERY yummy!!




No comments: