 |
| 20w4d |
I had decided if I asked a doctor if I could go home it would definitely be Dr. Martinez. I knew for sure not to ask Dr. Taboada. She definitely felt the most strongly about me staying here until I delivered. I could tell that Dr. Martinez was the most open to the possibility of me being discharged prior to delivery. Today I decided to ask him if I could go home after the next transfusion. If he had said, "no," then I planned to ask if I could at least transfer to Geisinger since it's so much closer to our house. He said, "YES." WAHOOO! In fact, he said there was no need to wait until after the next transfusion, if Oliver is only mildly anemic tomorrow. He said it would be fine if I went home for a couple of days before the next transfusion. If the transfusion is going to be on Tuesday, then I wouldn't be discharged until after the transfusion. All of this is contingent upon NO more bleeding. My last hemmorhaging episode was July 12. I bled for several days after that so they don't consider the clock to have started until the bleeding totally stopped, but it's almost been two weeks without any bleeding (just a disgusting brown discharge that never seems to end). I am sooooooooooo happy! I almost am hoping for a transfusion on Tuesday so that I can possibly stay home for more than a couple of days (if I don't have another bleeding episode), but even a couple of days at home would be heavenly. I'm praying for no bleeding the next several days so that I can either go home before or after the next transfusion! This afternoon I turned in menus for the next seven days, but I don't mind if that was a waste of time, even though ironically I just learned more tricks today as far as ordering other (better tasting) food. Tomorrow's ultrasound will determine when I might be discharged this week (presuming the placenta behaves). I'm hoping for very accurate MCA results tomorrow.
Yesterday evening and the time today has gone faster than most days because I've had a few more things to do (go through the mail, write thank you notes, etc.) because of things Paul brought me yesterday and also my Aunt called me today. As illogical as it might sound, I think my better mood today is also due in part to the haircut. Plus people are more apt to play Words with Friends during the day on Saturdays and Sundays. I've actually done very little reading the past two days. Here's to hoping and praying I will be going home at some point this week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment