Ian had his very first dentist appointment today and Nadia had her fifth. It had been 9 months since they had been at the dentist. They had looked in Ian's mouth a few times, but today was the first time he had a cleaning, x-rays, varnish, etc. Paul worked from home so I left Oliver at home (he napped part of the time). Nadia went first, and Ian really enjoyed playing with the train table in the waiting room during her exam. The doctor said she has a crossbite and will need braces in the future. I knew Ian was going to need them, but since she takes after Paul (who never needed braces), I was hoping she could avoid them. Nope. We can still hold out hope for Oliver. Linda said Nadia will probably start losing her baby teeth sometime this year. She had one spot they labeled as an area to watch (in between two teeth in the back). I need to start flossing her teeth back there. Nadia came back with a huge princess balloon which I think helped motivate him to do such a good job. Nadia has always done well, but I know some kids are scared of the dentist, and I was assuming Ian would be more difficult.
I was wrong! Ian did just as beautifully as Nadia has done. She was a little shy of three years old at her first exam, and he'll be 4 in three months, but still they both did a fine job. Yay! Ian selected a Monsters Inc balloon even though he's never seen either of those movies. Four of us have had dentist appointments this month. I am glad we can wait another six months until we return. Since Oliver only has two teeth right now, I am not in an hurry to take him in for an exam even though the exams are free for infants and toddlers. Nadia enjoyed the train table during Ian's exam just as much as Ian did. Since Paul was watching Oliver, I was able to read a little on my Kindle! Now it's time to get Nadia ready for her soccer practice. They don't usually have practices on Mondays so I had to call the gym and get permission for them to attend gymnastics classes tomorrow night as that's usually what we're up to on Monday nights. I am about to head to handbells. I am feeling much better today, thankfully.




No comments:
Post a Comment