1. I got a haircut on Saturday at the mall. I had recently given Oliver and Paul haircuts, and I took Ian for a haircut last week so we're all set for a few weeks at least. :) I put my name in at the salon and took Nadia and Ian into Payless for new sneakers while I was waiting for my turn with a beautician. Paul watched the three kids while I got my haircut, and then we had dinner at Friendly's. Yum! I will know for sure after more time passes, but I actually think that she cut my hair the way I wanted it to be cut! Wonders never cease!!! It's been years since that's happened aside from my sister, Wendy, (who has no training in cutting hair) when she cut my hair in the hospital last summer.
2. Oliver took an almost 2 hour long nap yesterday afternoon. Usually many weeks pass by without him having any naps that exceed 60 minutes. It was a real blessing because he woke up at 5:45am yesterday (too early!) and had a shorter than usual morning nap (and his usual is only 30 minutes). I wish a 2 hour nap would become the norm, but it definitely helped yesterday while I was doing cooking and cleaning in preparation for my 24 hours of bed rest.
3. I got a massage this morning. I have had five massages over the past 12 years - one before each embryo transfer. A woman from church who sings in the choir recently got her massage license, and she came over to the house and gave me an hour long massage for $36. Some REs recommend doing acupuncture prior to an embryo transfer, but I've gone the massage route. The RE says it's very important to be relaxed, hence why they give me a Valium prior to the procedure. Since this will be our last embryo transfer, I'll have to come up with another reason to get one from time to time. :)
4. My parents drove up and met Paul and the kids at the co-op this morning and are staying until noon tomorrow to enable me to be on bed rest for 24 hours. When I hear the words "bed rest" my first reaction is one of panic after being on bed rest for 10 weeks last summer, but then I quickly remind myself it's just for 24 hours, and I won't be separated from my family this time. No big deal!
5. We're still enjoying our apples. I brought a box of nice apples to the co-op last week. The cooking class (older kids) will be making a dessert with them tomorrow. I made apple crisp yesterday. Yum!
6. The embryo survived the thaw. PTL! I consider this to be my sixth pregnancy. The first was ectopic in 2005, the second in my opinion was my first embryo transfer, three through five resulted in our three kiddos, and time will tell the results of this sixth pregnancy. I never enjoy the one week wait, but at least it's only one week! Technically My beta has been scheduled for October 8, which is 12 days from now, but if I get a + at home I know they will let me have it sooner. Prayers are greatly appreciated for the little one inside me now. Paul and I got to look at it in the microscope. The one unpleasant part, aside from them pressing on my very full bladder was that the OB who came in to help the RE with the procedure was the one who botched Ian's c-section. I could not believe it when he walked in. He said he recognized me, but I said nothing as I didn't want to talk about it right then and there. Praying for a BFP next Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment