Sunday, November 17, 2013

First steps

Oliver took his first steps yesterday evening! He took a couple of steps toward Paul while I was at the grocery store. I was very bummed that I wasn't present to witness those first steps, particularly as I spend FAR more time with Oliver than Paul does, but Paul didn't witness Ian or Nadia's first steps, so I guess it was his turn. Today he took a few steps on several occasions, and I did see him do it a few times. He mostly took steps toward his Daddy. I am very glad I didn't accept the referral for physical therapy. I  think he'll be taking off in the very near future. I did email a PT in our church, and she had said #1 the doctor should be viewing Oliver as 13 months old in light of his being born months early and #2 that it's considered normal as long as the child is walking by 18 months. I expect by the end of the week I'll be posting a video of Oliver walking! He wasn't feeling very well today so I couldn't get a nice picture of him, but boy did he look cute. I think the suit he wore today (which included a hat) might be the cutest suit I've ever bought for either of the boys. He'll be wearing it again, and I'll be sure to get a picture of him in it! The shirt is a dark mauve color.

Ian got up at 6:30, but the other two really slept in. I had to wake Nadia up at 7:45 so that she would have time to get dressed and eat as we had to be out the door at 8:10 since the handbells were playing this morning. Oliver slept until 8am so he had breakfast in the van on the way there. He slept a full 12 hours last night!!! Considering he rarely sleeps until 7am, it was pretty amazing that he slept that long. Yesterday all three of them slept until at least 7am. Nadia quickly made the adjustment to the time change, but yesterday was the first time I felt like both boys had also made the switch.

No comments: