Well my 3rd prenatal appt was my fastest one. It was the first appt I've gone to w/o Paul since my first u/s (15 weeks ago). He didn't miss much, LOL. From the time I entered the waiting room until the time I exited after making my next appt was only 10 minutes. I was weighed, peed in a cup, had my b/p taken (100/70), and then the OB came in for a quick exam and h/b check. I asked if the pp was partial or complete, and he said it was listed as complete previa which was what I suspected since Dr. Maslow had said the placenta was on the cervix.
No one said anything about the weight gain so I guess I shouldn't be upset, but according to today's measurement I gained 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks. :-( The more alarming thing is that if there isn't any discrepancy between the two scales - I gained 3 lbs in the last week! EEK! (Comparing what my weight was at the other hospital last Tuesday to what it was today) I have no idea how that could have happened. I don't feel like I changed my caloric intake in the last week. Well according to their scale, I've gained 10 lbs in the last 8 weeks. So I guess I'm not too far off what they say is the ideal of gaining 1 lb a week. The most important thing is that baby is healthy. Although it's more special to see her on the u/s, it was still nice to hear that beautiful sound of her h/b. Today was the first time they had NO trouble finding it. A med student found her h/b immediately whereas the previous 2 times it took some time to find it.
The appt with the realtor went well yesterday although it lasted almost two hours which I wasn't expecting. There were only a couple of things she thought we should do to prepare the house for being shown. Paul will be busy again this weekend working on the house. I keep reminding him that the sooner we sell the house then the sooner his commute becomes shorter (and mine becomes longer). The realtor suggested a listing price much higher than what we were thinking so that was a pleasant surprise. She showed me comparable properties that had sold recently in our area, and I then agreed with her assessment. So that was good news! I will be very happy if the house sells for the asking price or even 5% less than that. So we shall see how long it takes to sell it. Hopefully not too long as I don't like always needing to keep everything "just so" as you never know when strangers will be traipsing through for a tour. I am looking forward to touring 5 houses with Paul on Thursday. Maybe one of them will be "the" one that will be our next home.
1 comment:
I think at this point in the pregnancy baby is in a fast growing stage and that could account for the amount of weight you're gaining...I don't think it's neccessarily what you're eating but rather how much the baby is growing and how quickly. Don't worry, it comes of pretty easy afterward!
Post a Comment