Friday, March 14, 2008

22 Weeks!

Our daughter received her first two pink outfits today! I own a few gender neutral outfits, but these are the first GIRL clothes (aside from the t-shirts from Hawaii from my handbell choir director) I have owned. The three piece outfit on the left is for 3-6 months. The shirt has a cute little pink heart in the center. The pajamas on the right are size 9 months. Aren't they just sooo precious! I love clothing for little girls! I can't wait to see her in them. :-) They were a gift from my friend, Joyce. She used to teach at the school where I was principal. I had a 4 hour mtg in Harrisburg today (where she lives) so I stopped and visited with her and her two kids before heading home.

Finally, I have to share that Paul made a comment a few days ago that ladybugs would make a nice nursery theme. I was shocked that he would give it any thought! He wasn't asking me to switch from butterflies. I thought it was sweet of him to give it thought. I had decorated a nursery in our old house (in 2002 when we started ttc). That nursery (wallpaper border and bedding set) was going to be a teddy bear theme - Boyd's bears in particular. I thought that was a good gender neutral theme, but since that nursery was never used I certainly didn't want to go with teddy bears this time around. Plus I wanted something feminine since we know baby is a girl!
P.S. Speaking of the butterfly theme, if our daughter's first name ends up having any of these letters in it (p, u, i, c, g, f, x, n) then I'd like to order these letters to use as a wall decoration in the nursery. No, we won't take this into consideration when selecting a name. It's already a difficult enough task without hoping that certain letters are in her name, LOL!

No comments: