Monday, April 14, 2008

Babysitters

Saturday evening another student emailed me who also is interested in babysitting our daughter in the fall. On Sunday the one who had volunteered on Friday wrote back and said $8/hr was fine. I wasn't sure what the going rate was, but I knew it had gone up a lot since I was a babysitter in the 80's, LOL. I've had both Ashley and Angela in several classes over the last 3 years. They'll both be student teaching and then graduating next spring. Ashley is actually going to have me for the 4th time as she's taking my assessment class in May/June. Both have worked or are working in day care centers. Ashley works in one on campus which accepts children as young as 6 months, and Angela has worked in one that accepts them as young as 6 weeks. I have asked the two of them to work out a schedule. I wanted two so that I'll have a backup if one is sick or something like that. I believe they will take very good care of her! I still haven't heard officially that my reassigned time can be moved to the fall. I've only lined up babysitters for 8:50-10:50am thus far as that's the only time I know of so far that I will be teaching during the day in the fall.

Applebee's sent me a coupon for a free dinner sometime in April since my bday is this month. Handbells was cancelled for tonight; so we decided to use the coupon tonight. I always look forward to having dinner out with my hubby! :-) I plan to have the pecan crusted chicken salad tonight as I am thinking of having my 1 hour G/D test tomorrow morning before Bible study so I figure tonight is not the night to load up on carbs or sugar. I want to pass the test as I've heard the 3 hour test is really Not Fun. For one thing you have to fast for that one which sounds downright awful. Just two more days until I am officially in the 3rd trimester. WOOHOOO!

My fingers have already started to swell up. My wedding band still fits but most other rings either won't go on or they are a bit tight. Actually when Paul bought the wedding band 7 years ago I purposefully didn't get it sized properly. We had the engagement ring sized properly in 2000 (size 4 1/2) so I knew the wedding band wasn't going to fall off (size 6) with the engagement ring in front of it. Being able to wear this wedding band while pg was actually the reason I didn't get it sized 7 years ago. I had no idea the wait til that decision would prove wise would be 7 years, but I am glad this ring is "too big" as right now it fits nicely. I didn't think fingers swelled up until the very end of pgcy. Is it normal for it to happen this early? I mentioned it to the nurse last week, and she didn't seem concerned. She just told me not to wear them if they were too tight as too many patients have had to have rings cut off! Yesterday was the first day I only wore my wedding band. Normally I wear my wedding band & engagement ring on my 4th finger of my left hand and another ring (I rotate which one) on the 4th finger of my right hand. I think my fingers are going to feel bare the next 3 months, but at least my wedding band still fits. :-)

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

hope you enjoyed your dinner out tonight!!!! hope the test goes well in the morning!