Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'll Never Know

At least here on earth I don't think I'll ever know how many people have been praying for our daughter. I was reminded of this again yesterday at Paul's brother's surprise 40th bday party. There were about 60 people there - mostly family or people from their church. Several women whom I have never met before came up to me and told me that they are in Paul's mom's Sunday School class and that they have been praying fervently for this little one. I was blow away again by another glimpse of just how many have been praying for her. Being told by so many at my own church that they have been and are continuing to pray for her has been so very touching, but it's even more overwhelming (in a good way) to realize how many people I don't even know have been praying such as folks in Vancouver, Chicago, Ankara, etc. I plan to let my daughter know this from a very early age, and I hope when she's old enough to really understand it will be as touching to her as it is to me that she was so loved and prayed for by so, so, so many people even before she was born. Even people I have only met online have told me they have been praying for Paul and I for years. Amazing. I can't think of any situation the rest of my life where I have felt so "prayed for." I thank each and every one of you whether you've been praying for us/her for years, months, weeks, or days. She is living proof of the power of prayer!

I didn't think the heartburn could get worse, but it has. I'm not trying to be gross, but it's now coming up into my mouth. So far it's only happened at times when I've been forced to swallow it back down. OUCH that hurts! I am going to try to prop my head up more when I sleep which is a challenge with the total body pillow. Another lesson I have learned is I need to eat a bigger breakfast. I had a light yogurt (which used to be my norm but I've been eating the kind with sugar most of the time during pgcy) and an English muffin for breakfast today. It was not enough. Between my hunger and also feeling warm in the sanctuary, I felt awful. I left once during the sermon and laid down on the floor in the area where the coats were as I felt I was very close to passing out. After a few minutes I felt better and so we went back in. I lasted a bit longer but then the room started to spin again and I could feel the color draining from my face. I told Paul let's just leave. I didn't want to keep coming in and out. I sat in a chair in the lobby, and Paul went and got me a cupcake from the food to be served at coffee hour after the service was over. The food plus the cooler temp helped immensely. I don't normally go to the 8:00 service so I usually have eaten a snack before I go to church. Today was one of the unusual Sundays when I didn't have anything I was involved in for the 10:45 service (meaning handbells, choir, flute, or piano), and Paul prefers the 8:00. So no more light yogurt for me, and if I need to leave the house before 7:30am I am bringing a banana or some other snack with me as I sure don't want to feel as awful as I felt this morning again any time soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like your blood sugar dropped, that's happened to me a couple of times and it IS an awful feeling!! Definitely eat more, it helps!! Hope you don't have to go through that again :)