Thursday, April 10, 2008

Double Digits!

Well the countdown to the EDD is now only 99 days! WOOHOO! I hope the time just flies by as I cannot wait to hold her in my arms!!!!! I can think of at least two things that I will not want to go w/o in these last 3 months. The first would be Pepcid. I have found that if I take one in the morning around say 9am that I don't get a severe case of heartburn that day. If I forget and take one after my throat is already on fire, it isn't nearly as effective. Of course the worst is when I forget to take one AND forget to bring it with me to work and have to wait until 5pm or later to take one (like yesterday...ugh!). It's funny bc the nurse was telling me on Tuesday that if I had heartburn not to eat within 30 minutes of going to bed, not to eat spicy food, etc. Well my heartburn starts sometimes as early as 8:30am, and I don't eat spicy foods for breakfast, lol. I never eat anything after dinner, and I usually eat dinner around 5pm so it's ususally been at least 4 hours since I've eaten when I go to bed. So I don't think that's the problem! The second would be my pgcy pillow. I really, really miss spooning with dh. So last night at midnight I ditched the pgcy pillow. Well I only lasted until 3am and was back in my nest as the pain in my hips wasn't allowing me to sleep. A third lesson I learned yesterday was that even if I am upset about my weight gain, I need to pack a big enough lunch. In addition to the heartburn, I felt awful at school yesterday as I only packed a granola bar and PB&J sandwich for lunch. I was so hungry!! I guess the world won't come to an end if I end up gaining 35 rather than 30 pounds with this pgcy. :-) I'm still going to aim to gain only 14 more pounds the next 14 weeks, but as long as she's healthy, that's what's most important.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm the same as you, I usually get the heartburn before I even eat anything! I've been using tums but I'll be asking my Dr. for something stronger at my next appointment! Congrats on the double digits!!! Won't be long now!

lmstephenson said...

I had terrible heart burn when I was pregnant with Lane. I think the food that bothered me more than anything was bread or bread products. My 3rd trimester I couldn't eat hardly anything. One good thing about heart burn is I didn't gain hardly any weight 3rd trimester. I know you are concerened about weight gain, so might like to hear that.

Lynn