Friday, May 16, 2008

31 Weeks!

Today I had an appt with my regular OB. I believe he's the only one I'll see for the next 2 months as I am done seeing the high-risk OB and the hematologist. The medical student found her h/b immediately. Her heartrate has always been in the high 140's (147 on Tuesday for example), and my uterus is also still measuring exactly as it should for how far along I am. My b/p was still good, and I had lost 1/2 lb since Tuesday. I don't think I changed my eating habits at all; I attribute the slight weight loss to my increase of physical activity. The doctor said I should come back in 2 weeks, but 2 weeks from today I'll be speaking at a conference in State College. They didn't have any appts for the next Monday or Tuesday so my next appt will be June 4 (19 days from now) at which point I'll be 33w5d. I don't mind that the appts will be a little farther apart as they don't really seem to be that big of a deal. I know that shortly after that appt they'll start having me come in once a week.

The dinner last night was really nice. I took most of my appetizer home (quesedillas) as well as half of my dessert. Normally I only order an entree. We never order appetizers, and I very rarely order a dessert or a drink (Paul always has a soda). The dessert was the best part. I highly recommend their "Apple Sizzler." YUMMMY!

The b/f class last night reaffirmed my desire to try to go without an epidural. I also plan to ask for them to let her nurse asap after birth - before they bathe her, etc. Oh and the class was free after all - the insurance will pay. :-) The most interesting thing I learned though had to do with having the baby self-attach. I was impressed by the video clips showing newborn babies crawling to the correct spot and latching on all by themselves! I don't associate crawling with a baby less than 1 hour old, but in fact they can get to where they need to go to be able to eat. I plan to try it although the nurse warned that it can be like watching paint dry. So if I get impatient, I'll help her get in the right position. :-) I have looked forward to nursing a baby for years - that day isn't far away now!!!

No comments: