Well I think I have been "nesting" lately. :-) Saturday I took everything out of the linen closet and reorganized it. That day I also removed all the contents the shelf of the coffee table (it's a large one) and then after sorting through her book collection (in various locations at the moment) I put back only board books. The picture books and puzzles that had been there the last few months (for my niece and nephews) I moved elsewhere. I also removed most of my "stuff" that had been there. Once she becomes mobile I'll have to remove the last few things (my Bible, a book I am reading, etc.), but there are still a few months where I can enjoy easy access to my stuff while I'm on the couch before it needs to be totally baby proofed. I sorted through her board book collection and picked about 10-15 books to take to my office for when she's there along with a big (very soft) Steeler blanket that will work well to put on my office floor for her "tummy times" and a boppy for work (since I now own two I figure I'll keep one at work and one at home as I do plan to nurse her at work).Today I organized the contents of the two bedroom closets by removing everything that isn't for Nadia from her closet (Christmas decorations, my wedding dress, etc. used to be stored in there) and moving the stuff that IS for her from the other bedroom closet. I also started opening some boxes of things - some of which I purchased over 3 years ago when we started pursuing adoption so I'd be ready for a last minute match. I took all the bottles and sippy cups etc to the kitchen and washed them in the dishwasher, and I put her bibs in one kitchen drawer (moved the cloth napkins that we use maybe once a year up to the linen closet to make room for the bibs which will be used frequently!). I also set up her hamper. It is GORGEOUS. I just love it!!! I also ironed the valence and stuffed it with tissue paper and hung it up. I also like it very much! Those are both from BRU's Gossamer Wings collection. I registered for a mix of butterfly items because some of the GW collection items are VERY expensive IMHO. So some things (mobile and lamp for example) I registered for were from another butterfly collection (that Walmart sells) that's far cheaper. Other items were comparable in price, and in many cases I thought the GW options were much more attractive (such as the wallpaper border and window valence). I registered for the sheer drapes from the GW collection, and that was my one splurge as far as an expensive item from that collection, but they are really pretty, and I couldn't find anything similar elsewhere, so I will use my gift card for BRU to buy them if no one buys them off the registry. It is SO much fun to be setting up her nursery that is for sure! I think this evening I will install the light switch and outlet covers also. I have to say the GW collection looks really nice in that room which has light purple walls and darker purple carpet. I'll take photos in the near future.
Paul has several things to assemble in the next few weeks. First will be the crib and then probably the bouncer (it came in a million pieces!). The high chair also came in a million pieces but she won't be needing that for a few months so there's no rush on that one. Hopefully we'll move before she needs her high chair. The contour changing pad also needs to be screwed to the back of the dresser. That will be a quick project.
Yesterday when we were going for our daily walk, we crossed paths with one of our neighbors. It was the first time we had chatted with her in a long time (years I think!). Anyhow she immediately recognized that I am pg. She was walking with her daugther and 3 month old grandaughter. I was glad to have someone who didn't know I was pg figure it out by looking at me after that comment I got last week that I didn't look pg. I want to look pg as otherwise I guess I just look fat, LOL!
1 comment:
It sounds like you are making great progress getting everything ready.
Looking at your picture, how could someone not know you were pregnant? You look great, but you definitely do look pregnant!LOL!
Enjoy these last few weeks! She'll be in your arms soon!
Post a Comment