Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Exercise!

Well yesterday I went on a walk for the first time since I think October. Of course I am way out of shape compared to last summer when I could jog our 3.4 mile route in about 50 minutes. I get out of breath rather easily these days! Paul and I used to do our route together, but he's been doing it alone lately and had told me several times that he missed doing it together. Yesterday we did the first part together and then I turned around and he kept going. I think after that experience he probably won't tell me that he misses me any more since I walked soooooo slowly, LOL! Hopefully I can gradually increase the pace and the duration. It felt great to be outside on such a pretty day (in the 70's yesterday)!
This morning I have a meeting at a restaurant in Lewisburg that serves a very nice breakfast buffet. I am carpooling with another prof. The funny thing is the last time I was at this restaurant was last May for the annual choir breakfast, and the choir is having breakfast there again this Saturday. So I haven't been there in a year but will be there twice this week. :-) This year the handbell choir is also coming. Spouses are always invited so Paul will be with me on Saturday. I have to say I have really been enjoying a relaxing pace this week. I've watched one movie with Paul each day, read a novel, etc. I haven't done any schoolwork (except for a few work emails) since Saturday!

No comments: