Today I officially entered the 3rd trimester!! Every pregnancy is a miracle, but when you try unsuccessfully for 5 1/2 years, it makes having a little one grow within you seem like an utterly amazing miracle. There are many times I am reduced to tears (the happy kind) when I think about Nadia and the little boy kicking within me. Thank you, Lord!!
Saturday night Nadia had a hard time going to sleep, which is very unusual. Since she didn't fall asleep until about 8:15pm, I was very glad that she slept in until 7:10am. She had woken up at 5:40am the previous two mornings. We didn't attempt a morning nap yesterday due to Sunday School and church, and her afternoon nap was 90 minutes long (1:35-3:05). I am planning on putting her down for her morning nap at 10am today; this means her afternoon nap will be at Sarah's today. Hopefully this plan will work. She woke up this morning in a great mood; lately she's been waking up crying because she hasn't been getting enough sleep. Last night she slept almost 12 hours. What a difference!
Lately I've done a lot more baking than I usually do. Wednesday morning I made pumpkin bread for the MOPS meeting, Friday I made brownies for Paul & I since we had finished the chocolate chip cookies the day before, and yesterday morning I made apple crisp for the dinner we ate at church following the morning service. Hopefully I won't be upset the next time the doctor weighs me!
Nadia's newest words include "hi," "rip," "mess," and "night." She now sometimes says the word "hi" while she's waving. Mommy lets her rip the junk mail. I want her to know what to do at Christmas time with the wrapping paper! She hears me say "no make mess" all the time when she's in her highchair, and the other day she held a piece of Crispix in her hand and said the word "mess" while shaking her head "no." That's right, my girl. Put that food in your mouth; don't crush it with your hand! My mom heard her say "nighty night" last month when she was taking her to bed. Yesterday Paul and I heard her say it when she was looking at a page in a book where the characters were all in bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment