As I mentioned before, our first clue that Nadia wasn't feeling well occurred on Sunday night when Nadia woke up crying during the night. Yesterdsy it "just" appeared to be a cold (cough, runny nose) but then last night around dinner time she threw up. It was her first time in her life to throw up more than just phlegm. Even her beloved doggie had to go in the washing machine. She also has a fever. We've been giving her Tylenol every 4 hours. She didn't take any naps yesterday; so she fell asleep immediately when we put her to bed, even though we put her to bed earlier than usual. The first time she woke up crying last night I gave her Tylenol and let her sleep with me for 30 minutes before Paul put her back in her crib. I won't be going to ladies Bible study this morning since Nadia is sick. Hoping she feels better soon and that the rest of us escape coming down with it although that seems impossible given she keeps coughing right into our faces. I had recently ordered some VeggieTale stuff from CBD, and the order came yesterday, which was perfect timing. She is OBSESSED with "Bob" these days so I bought her a Bob stuffed animal, 4 more DVDs, and 9 VeggieTale books. She loves them! She actually was kissing the Bob books this morning. On Sunday I saw her kissing her reflection on the mirror hanging on our bedroom door. I guess it's possible to kiss oneself on the lips, LOL!
Last night didn't go as well as Sunday night did, but he did sleep about 5 hours in the Nap Nanny (7:45-10:45pm and 3:15-5:15am). I worked very hard to try to get him to sleep in it after I nursed him at 11pm, but I eventually gave up and let him sleep in my arms in our bed for about 2 hours. Even though it didn't go as well as the previous night, it was still far better than most nights. He didn't take any naps in the Nap Nanny yesterday either although I tried several times. It's more important to me that he sleeps in his crib at night. I am fine with working on him taking naps in the crib after it becomes the norm for him to sleep in the crib at night. I don't think it would be fair to make too many changes at once since the little guy has been held almost 24 hours a day for several weeks. It also would be hard on me as I love holding my little peanut! I'm not going to weigh him until this weekend as I'm hoping he'll weigh 7lbs the next time I weigh him.
Nadia woke up a few times last night, but not as many times as she woke up on Sunday night. Yesterday she didn't sleep either time that I put her down for a nap. Thankfully she is sleeping right now. I put her down at 9:30 for a morning nap (in light of being sick as usually she just takes one nap a day nowadays), and she fell asleep right away. She hasn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday. I tried to get her to eat dinner last night. Bad Idea. The first time she threw up yesterday was while I had her on my lap trying to get her to eat dinner. Since then I haven't pushed her to eat anything. I've offered her food (such as a bagel for breakfast this morning), but every time she just asks for milk. So the only things she's consumed the past 22 hours are milk and Tylenol. Paul was concerned, but I figure if she's hungry, she'll eat. I certainly don't want her throwing up again just because I tried to get her to eat when she didn't want to eat. I also am not going to keep track of how much tv she watches today. I have a feeling we'll be watching a fair amount of VeggieTales plus PBS. So far today we already watched part of one VeggieTale dvd plus most of one episode of Sesame Street (which she calls "Elmo"). I can only hope that maybe I can get a nap in today as well. Ian is nursing right now, or I'd be sleeping instead of typing! This too shall pass. I am thankful that in general she's been a very healthy little girl the past 19 months. Hoping she gets over this bug very quickly and that none of the rest of us catch it!
1 comment:
Poor Nadia - be careful with Ian we ended up with RSV at 6 weeks from Evans virus and coughing all over. They tol us in the ER to be extra vigilant with hand washing and sanitizers.
Post a Comment