Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cookie ends in E

Last night Ian pointed to an "E" on Paul's shirt and said, "E." Paul didn't think Ian could possibly be able to correctly identify a letter, so he said, "It says Penn State." Ian then pointed to the "E" and said "E" again. We were shocked! Way to go, Ian!!!

Ian brought smiles to people as we were walking to the playground yesterday afternoon. Several that were sitting on their front porches were smiling and laughing as they heard him singing at the top of his lungs. He sang "Down by the Bay" most of our way to the park and "Twinkle Twinkle" on the way home. I love to hear him sing! At the library yesterday morning he saw a large Humpty Dumpty on a bookshelf, and he pointed up to it and started reciting the entire rhyme. This boy knows a lot more than we realize he knows!!!

This morning Nadia told me that she wants to "go voting when she gets bigger." We had talked about elections on Tuesday while reading Duck for President. I took both kids to the poll when I voted. I let Nadia hand the magnetic card back to the man when were done. They gave each child a pretzel on our way out. Nadia said she also wanted to go vote with Daddy. So Paul took her later when he went to vote, and this time she was given 4 ginger snap cookies. Well it turns out THAT is why she wants to vote again. She told me this morning she wants to vote when she's bigger so she'll get another cookie. Well hopefully over the next 15 years her motivation for voting will shift to something more along the lines of being a good citizen. :-)
This morning I was trying to convince her of the merits of listening to the radio. I do miss listening to the local Christian radio station. I get tired of VeggieTales all the time. I told her that her Sunday School teacher's husband (our church's youth pastor) is sometimes on this station (as the announcer). She told me that "Miss Dottie's husband's name is Jesus." LOL! No, I don't think so (it's Dave).

1 comment:

Believeitwillhappen said...

Wow great job! We are singing Happy Birthday and attempting ABC's. Sara knows yellow but no numbers or letters that I'm aware of.