Saturday, November 5, 2011

Recommendations

In the last couple of weeks I've seen three movies that were very wholesome and REALLY good (although all have tear jerker moments). If you are looking for a good movie to watch on DVD, I'd recommend Soul Surfer (based on a true story about a girl who loses an arm in a shark attack), Hatchi (based on a true story about a dog), and Like Dandelion Dust (about adoption). I'm looking forward to seeing Courageous whenever it comes out on DVD (made by the same people who produced Fireproof and Facing the Giants).
I've also had some success lately with trying new recipes. I won't be making baked spaghetti again, but I will be making baked potato soup, garlic cheddar biscuits, tuna melt pie, crock pot roast, and slow cooker barbecue chicken again.
Tonight I'm looking forward to going out for the first time in 3 months. The last time I went out was in early August with Paul for our anniversary. We've tried to have a date three times since then, but something has come up each time  such as the flood or our babysitter cancelling on us. Tonight I'm going to meet my friend, Cheri, for dinner. I haven't gone out for a meal with her for over a year. After dinner at Perkins we're going to a concert (Downhere, Aaron Shust, and Jason Gray). I'm really, really looking forward to spending time talking with my friend and also enjoying a wonderful concert. Bliss.




2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'd also recommend the movie, "Dolphin Tail." It's another really good one!

Joanna said...

Your photos just keep getting better and better! I may have to get a camera like yours. :)