Wednesday, February 8, 2012

6 Weeks!

I really, really, really wish I was having an ultrasound this week. I had to exercise every bit of self-control I could muster not to call the RE and ask for an ultrasound this week. I told myself I was willing to pay for it, but then I talked myself out of it. It's one thing to use a few extra hpts (that might cost about $10 total). It's FAR more expensive to pay cash for an ultrasound. If my symptoms were more consistent, I probably wouldn't care as much. Physically, it's nice not to have too much heartburn or nausea. The "tenderness" is the strongest symptom along with exhaustion. I love seeing what they say on the ticker each week as to what is happening with the baby right now. One "symptom" I wasn't expecting this soon happened on Monday. My jeans were a bit tight in the belly area! Everything else is still fitting fine. They weren't so tight I couldn't wear them, but I definitely could feel a difference. I know people say that they pop out sooner with each addditional pregnancy, but 6 weeks seems early doesn't it? Maybe I munched on too many chips on Superbowl Sunday. This photo was taken this evening. It was "crazy clubber" night at AWANA. I think this qualified as a crazy outfit - two different color socks, two different shoes, striped pants, heart shirt, and a clown wig. We had some snow this evening, but it wasn't enough to interfere with Cubbies.

1 comment:

Believeitwillhappen said...

I think I popped quicker with each pregnancy. I remember being a few weeks pregnant with Sara and one of the guidance counselors asked me if I had something to tell her. Muscles certainly loosen up, hopefully you can find some looser shirts to hide things once it gets a little warmer. Glad to hear the symptoms are going strong! Although heartburn is never fun at least its reassuring at this stage. Keep growing bean can't wait to find out if Nadia and Ian are having a brother or sister!