Wednesday, February 1, 2012

5 Weeks!

I still can't believe I'm carrying another sweet baby, but at certain moments I am reminded that is definitely the case. For example, last night one of my students was eating french fries at the start of our class. Every time I caught a whiff of them I thought I was going to throw up on the spot. I tried to steer clear of her until she finished them. I've been sensitive to smells in my previous pregnancies, and I never know what smells will set me off. Just 22 more days until my first ultrasound. That seems like forever, especially because if I had them when I did the last 2 pregnancies, I'd be having one next week. I'm still a bit paranoid due to the spotting last Wednesday. I keep worrying that I'm doing too much in terms of lifting Ian and such even though I wasn't under restrictrictions the last two pregnancies. I do know I need to take it easy at the end to try to avoid having another preemie. The kids and I walked to the park today. Boy am I out of shape! The weather has been unseasonably warm. We couldn't go yesterday since I left for work at 3pm; so I was really hoping it would be warm again today, and it was. I wish this weather was the norm for January 31 and February 1. This picture of Ian (below) isn't the greatest since his eyes were closed, but I still wanted to post it because it was a sweet moment as he sang the entire VeggieTale theme song at the top of his lungs while banging one hand on the drum.

Nadia has been wearing the thumb guard for 6 days, and it hasn't been much of an issue except for the fact that it causes her to cry when she tries to get dressed (ex. put on or take off her coat). She needs help as it's trickier with the thumb guards. The only other problem is that she hasn't napped in her bed since she started wearing them. She took a little nap in the car on Sunday around 5pm as we came home from Friendly's and around 3:30pm on our way to ballet on Monday. She's been yawning a lot and more prone to tears in the afternoon/evening due to not napping. I am contemplating taking the thumb guards off for her nap tomorrow, but I'm not sure which is more important - for her to have a nap or to be consistent in breaking the thumb sucking habit. Tough call.


No comments: