
As we were discussing today's date this morning, I explained that it was April Fool's Day. Nadia showed some understanding as she described an episode of Calliou in which the dad played an April Fool's joke on the mom by changing the clock so the mom thought she had overslept. This then launched literally three hours straight of April Fool jokes. Yikes. Most of them were totally nonsensical (ex."Mommy, there's a tiger on the ceiling!"), but sometimes she did a better job of coming up with something that would be closer to an actual April Fools joke. Ian tried to play along at times, but he didn't get it. I felt badly as one of my jokes was "Hey, it's really warm outside, let's get our bathing suits on and go swimming!". Ian promptly ran upstairs and came downstairs with his swimming trunks, and he was very disappointed that I wasn't serious (the temps were only in the 40's today). I have to say I am glad April Fools Day only comes once a year!

On March 15 I completed all but one part of an application, and I asked Paul to write the 1,000 word essay that was a part of the application. It was due today, and he hadn't written it yet; so he decided to stay home today and work on Saturday this week instead. This is why I am glad I am now doing almost all the application work for him. The deadline for one school in New York was today, but they set up the phone interviews last week (his will be this Friday afternoon) so this proves to me that it's not the best idea to wait until the deadline to submit an application. Paul also worked on editing his dissertation again, as the final draft must be submitted by Friday.

Nadia and I both had fevers today, so we both took naps while Ian and Oliver napped. Ian woke up first, but Paul was gracious and played with Ian a little so I could nap a bit longer. I got up next, and it was quite awhile before Oliver and Nadia woke up. I had been congested the past few days, and I assumed it was allergies, but now I am thinking we caught a bug - again. Over the past 5+ weeks I've been up at 4am all but two mornings. I really would like to ditch this 4am feeding asap!
No comments:
Post a Comment