Nadia had her very first soccer game this morning! Including Oliver, she had six family members there to cheer for her as Paul's parents came as well. I videotaped a few minutes of the game. I am planning to do the same near the end of the season. Hopefully we'll see some progress! I helped out in the concession stand for one hour prior to the start of the game. There are nine kids on our team, and the way these U6 games are played only 3 kids play from each team at a time (no refs and no goalies). Our team was split in half so Nadia was one of five kids on our (nameless) blue team. The team we played is from the town where we go to church, and this team was MUCH better than our team. They weren't keeping score, but I would estimate they scored about 10 times more goals than our team did. Part way through the game our team did seem to figure out which goal was theirs. At the very end Nadia came very close to scoring a goal. She did a lot of running around the field! She enjoyed herself and learned how to give the other team high fives at the end of the games.
Several days ago she told me that she really missed gymnastics. I told her that it would be too much to do ballet/tap, gymanstics and soccer at the same time. I told her that in the fall she could pick two of those, and she told me she wants to do gymnastics and soccer in the fall. She must really be enjoying soccer! It definitely was humorous to watch the game. Another mom at the field today was one of my students last summer. I was caught off guard when I heard someone address me as "Dr." as that doesn't happen very much these days.This evening Paul took Nadia and Ian to see a Stunt Dog experience. I am home with Oliver. I bet they are having a blast! Tomorrow Paul afternoon Paul will be driving them to his parents' house and then the five of them are going to Hershey to see Disney on Ice. I took the kids last April during the intensive feeding program. I am sure they will really enjoy that also!
Last but not least, I have to congratulate Oliver for sleeping from 8:30pm to (drumroll, please) 6:15am! Last night was the first time in months that I was in bed for almost 9 hours straight. It felt heavenly! Thank you, kids!





No comments:
Post a Comment