I spoke with an IVF nurse today about the FET. She said that Dr. Z (who was the doctor for Oliver's cycle) uses only patches and suppositories for FET cycles. What a change from the FET I had in 2007 with Dr. A! I had Lupron shots, estrogen shots, Progesterone shots twice a day, etc. with that cycle (of course Nadia was well worth it). The testing (to prove I don't have any infectious diseases) has to be done between day 7-10 of the previous cycle. I'd like to do that in September. I'm aiming for an October or early November FET. We'd have to pay $3,450 up front, but in the end I think our cost will be about $1,500. Nadia really wants a sister. If this transfer results in another pregnancy, I hope for her sake it's a girl. I keep telling her our family might already be complete, God might give us another boy, or He might give us another girl. In about 4 months we should know whether they will be another baby or not. If we are going to have a fourth child, it will of course take a bit longer to find out the gender. As I was organizing the basement yesterday, I put all the boxes of girl clothing Nadia has outgrown, maternity clothes, and boy clothing Oliver has outgrown in one area. Most of that will be donated somewhere if this transfer doesn't result in a pregnancy.
This pair of size 12 month pajamas was one of Paul's favorites when Ian was a baby. He loves the big belt and the red cape on the back. The picture above is of Oliver wearing it this morning (at 11.5 months old), and the picture at right is of Ian wearing it at 9 months (9/12/10). When I look at Oliver, I think he looks far more like Nadia than Ian, but when I look at pictures of Ian when he was an infant then I do see a strong resemblance. All three of them have Daddy's blue eyes, and they all have blonde hair. Right now Ian's hair is the lightest, Nadia's is the darkest, and Oliver's is darker than Ian and lighter than Nadia. As a momma of three kids, I have discovered that when you have 1 or 2 children, people are always making comments as to which parent the child looks like. When you have 3 children, people always make comments as to which sibling the baby looks like. I do not think I have ever heard say if Oliver looks more like Paul or me, they always are comparing Oliver to Nadia and Ian. Oliver's forehead and cheekbone are definitely like Nadia's (and Paul) whereas Ian's forehead and cheekbone definitely come from me (my dad's side of the family to be precise).
Oliver woke up at 5:30 this morning, at first I didn't get up to get him, but when Ian made a ruckus at 5:45 (he had to go to the bathroom), I went ahead and got Oliver even though my plan had been to not get him prior to 6am. For his afternoon nap (the only one in his crib), he slept 40 minutes and then cried for 12 minutes and then slept for 45 more minutes. I went and got him at that point, but I'm thinking that I should have let him cry one more time because he fell back asleep in my arms. Well at least we're making progress. Now that swimming lessons are done we can work on the morning nap as well. You may wonder why I'm posting this picture at left. It shows Nadia swimming underwater to go under the pool noodle at her lesson this morning. She made a lot of progress!




1 comment:
Wow, FET coming up quick! Or it seems so anyway. (Seems like you just had Oliver!) :) Glad you are gearing up for that, and I'll be praying for you as that comes closer. Exciting times!
Love,
Jo
Post a Comment