1. We haven't had any grapes for quite awhile because the price has been too high, but they finally are on sale this week (starting today) at our local grocery store. YAHOO! I bought a LOT of grapes today and plan to return again next Wednesday before the sale ends. I also got some yummy strawberries. I love fresh fruit, and having it on hand helps with dieting! Nadia had her first strawberry shortcake tonight, and she liked it! Yummy!
2. I am very thankful Paul was able to interview in Indiana this week and has two more interviews lined up over the next four days. Maybe next week I will be thanking God for a job offer???
3. I love watching Nadia or Ian push Oliver on the swing at the playground. When he sees one of them coming his way, he starts vigorously kicking his legs and then he smiles and laughs while they push him on the swing. Priceless.
4. Last night the Bible lesson was on prayer from the book of Nehemiah. I tell the Bible story four times over the course of two hours to four different groups of children. Nadia is in one of the groups. She is by far one of the youngest kids in the group as they range in age from Kindergarten to fifth grade. Technically she was supposed to be in the preschool class because she hasn't completed Kindergarten yet (just turned 5 a couple of weeks ago), but due to her maturity they put her with the elementary aged kids.
I am not sure if she is always like this or if it's because I am her teacher, but she is itching to be the first to answer ALL of the questions I ask. I have to purposefully NOT look her way and call on some other kids to spread things out a bit. At the beginning of the lesson I was asking questions about Nehemiah, and it turned out in that group she was the only one who knew about him. I ended up letting her answer several questions in a row because (after waiting quite awhile) no one else had raised a hand. She first told me that he worked for the king, and then when I followed up that question she told me he was a cupbearer. I think I turned red because I thought the other leaders in the room were going to think I had prepped her on the topic, but actually I hadn't discussed it with her at all. She later told me she remembered reading about it in one of the books we use for devotions before bed. Even though I was a tad embarassed, I was also really pleased. Way to go, Nadia! In the picture above, she told me she was Queen Esther. :)
5. Paul was supposed to come home last night, but all of the flights to were cancelled in the afternoon and evening due to a storm in Philly. He spent the night at a hotel. We are glad he arrived home safely at 4:45 today! Having Paul away from home the last 2 nights made me all the more grateful that normally he's here to help put the kids to bed. VBS plus putting the three kids down by myself meant that the last child wasn't in bed until 9pm whereas normally we aim to have them all in bed by 8pm. Tonight they were all in bed by 8:30pm.
6. I brought up the sippy cups from the basement. The first one I tried with Oliver was the one that was Ian's favorite (that he used until he went to the feeding clinic last year). Oliver could drink out of it, but the flow was too fast and he was gagging. The next one I tried was the winner! He wouldn't hold it himself, but he could drink out of it just fine. Way to go, Oliver! Nadia didn't master the sippy cup until she was 13 months old, and she did it sooner than Ian. Oliver wins the prize for that feat in our family!





No comments:
Post a Comment