1. I must give thanks first and foremost to my Savior, who was willing to die on the cross for my sins and then conquered death and the grave. He is risen!
2. For most of the day Oliver's oxygen was at 2.5 liters yesterday, but around dinner time I asked if we could start trying to wean him down. When I went to bed it was at 1.5 liters, and when he woke up at 4am I noted it was back down to 1/2 a liter (where it had been on Wednesday). The nurse who came on duty this morning said let's give him a room air trial and turned it off around 8am, and he passed the test as he was able to maintain a saturation level of 92 after four hours off of the oxygen! We were told at 11:50 that we were going home, but it's 1:06 right now and we haven't seen the doctor yet so we're still waiting for Oliver's iv port to come out of his arm. I am SO thankful that Oliver is doing so much better!
3. I am also thankful that I will be changing into clean clothes later today. I've been wearing this same pair of jeans for four straight days and Oliver has bled on me and thrown up on me many times. Clean clothes are one of those things you take for granted until you don't have access to them.
4. Paul accidentally forgot to bring me my phone charger on Tuesday. My battery had died earlier that day, and I couldn't make any outgoing calls from the landline in the room. I felt stranded! Thankfully a respiratory therapist had a charger that worked on my phone (even though her smartphone was very different from my flip phone). I was so happy when I was able to make calls again on Wednesday!
5. I already knew that I was not a fan of hospital food, and sometimes I wasn't provided a guest tray. Two friends from church put a large basket of goodies together and one of them delivered it to me on Thursday evening. How incredibly sweet!! Oliver devoured a bag of Goldfish crackers last night and loved the toy they got him. I savored a York peppermint patty after my dinner. Today we enjoyed more of the goodies, as they didn't bring me a tray at lunch. I feel like I got an Easter basket, and that hasn't happened for more than 20 years! Paul and the kids will also enjoy the basket of treats. :)
6. I get to see my other two kids this evening for the first time since 2:20 on Monday, and I'll see Paul for the first time since 8pm on Tuesday. I've missed them!
7. I get to sleep in my OWN bed tonight. My bedroom is much darker and quieter than this one. I am thankful that Oliver slept in the crib the last two nights, which meant I got a lot more sleep than I did the first two nights we were here.
8. My mom was such a big help for the three days she was up here taking care of Nadia and Ian, and my dad was very gracious to let her come up here even though he hasn't been feeling well. Paul's dad was a big help on Wednesday afternoon when he took Ian to the doctor and Nadia to gymnastics.
9. I am very glad that Paul and his dad were able to take Nadia and Ian to see the Barnum & Bailey circus this afternoon. I thought earlier this week that they might not be up to it, but thankfully although neither of them are healthy, they were well enough for this outing we've been looking forward to for months.
No comments:
Post a Comment