I've never been one to "crash" weddings or parties, but Nadia and Ian did so yesterday afternoon. Several of the neighbors have children, and there are two families that our kids often play with. One of the families is our next door neighbor - they have two boys and a girl. Their middle son is the same age as Nadia. The other family has three boys. I saw a bunch of kids in the second family's backyard, and I told Nadia and Ian that the neighbors were playing outside. They put on their shoes and coats (it was rather cold yesterday) and headed over. I didn't realize it was a birthday party for their eldest who is turning eight. Oops! Ian just played outside with them for awhile and then came home with a bag containing some candy from the pinata. That's when I found out they had crashed an Avengers birthday party. Ian told me Nadia went inside to have cake and chocolate ice cream. She stayed quite a bit longer than Ian did, and when she returned I went through my gift stash and wrapped a new copy of "The League of Incredible Vegetables" dvd in Cars wrapping paper and told Nadia to take it back over to the birthday boy. I certainly wasn't trying to have them crash a birthday party! Hopefully the neighbors realized it was an innocent mistake on our part. Nadia had a great time!


No comments:
Post a Comment